Why become a member? ×

swap for guitar

birdseye01

here i have a stingray bass dunno if genuine or wat havent done research mate told me to do add to swap for guitar any guitar other than squier affinity start and encore guitars but preferred a telecaster style the bass was bought for 850 i have receipt next to me with bag and police line do not cross starp and a behringer bt10b 15 watt amp no jack yet but can get one if required the paint needs re doing a nice sounding bass if played on the right amp eg i was using a swr amp dunno wat one but it was 300 watt and it sounded amazing need a guitar and preferably an amp please reply if you can help :) :huh: ;)

Another person with 'full stop and capital letter' phobia!! LOL! :huh:
Definately not a genuine Stingray in the pic (enlarge the pic and shake your head violently from side to side.... perfect focus!!), wrong shape bridge.
£850? :) Ripped off I think!!

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='birdseye01' post='108877' date='Dec 24 2007, 12:01 PM']tanglewood 4 string stingray replica in white with black scratchplate due to respray very nice sound in great condition no rust really with receipt of price paid in 1995 for 850 very nice good sound umm just need money for squier standard pbass special unless someone is willing to trade for squier p bass standard or affinity if affinity 40 pounds on top or standard no charge comes with bag and police line strap and ultimate stand 150 quid call on 01202 574730[/quote]

Erm.... you've had this up before as a tanglewood! :)

Ummmmm - clear pictures (to include the headstock) will get a more detailed response from the forum, but as said above - it ain't no genuine Stingray unless it's been modified.

What is the exact description of the guitar on the receipt?

Hamster

[quote name='tombboy' post='124905' date='Jan 21 2008, 06:38 PM']Erm.... you've had this up before as a tanglewood! :huh:[/quote]

Ha Ha :) - that'll teach me to type whilst eating my dinner.

So, is it a Tangleray or a Stingwood?

Hamster

[quote name='birdseye01' post='124888' date='Jan 21 2008, 06:25 PM']here i have a stingray bass dunno if genuine or wat havent done research mate told me to do add to swap for guitar any guitar other than squier affinity start and encore guitars but preferred a telecaster style the bass was bought for 850 i have receipt next to me with bag and police line do not cross starp and a behringer bt10b 15 watt amp no jack yet but can get one if required the paint needs re doing a nice sounding bass if played on the right amp eg i was using a swr amp dunno wat one but it was 300 watt and it sounded amazing need a guitar and preferably an amp please reply if you can help :) :huh: ;)[/quote]

£850? woa..where did you buy that from? back of a lorry? photographic evidence of this supposed reciept would be a sight to see.. This doesnt look like a Musicman Stingray...so fake.

[quote name='birdseye01' post='124888' date='Jan 21 2008, 06:25 PM']here i have a stingray bass dunno if genuine or wat havent done research mate told me to do add to swap for guitar any guitar other than squier affinity start and encore guitars but preferred a telecaster style the bass was bought for 850 i have receipt next to me with bag and police line do not cross starp and a behringer bt10b 15 watt amp no jack yet but can get one if required the paint needs re doing a nice sounding bass if played on the right amp eg i was using a swr amp dunno wat one but it was 300 watt and it sounded amazing need a guitar and preferably an amp please reply if you can help :) :huh: ;)[/quote]

I'm [b]not [/b]going to be rude and call you a liar, of course. ;)
However this seems a bit fishy if you dont mind me saying.
Its 100% not a Musicman and I wouldnt part with £850 for a possible Tanglewood.
Some proof of purchase or clearer photos would be nice, these seems purposely blurred with the headstock hidden.
Also with it having gone up as a Tanglewood before, you must realise what it isnt.
If there is nothing to hide then whack up some fresh pictures man.

Dan

If you go on (Captain) Birdeye's profile there are pictures from the last time he put it up including those of the headstock.

However, unfortunately these are blurred as well but I can report that with aid of an electron microscope there does not appear to be a logo present!

The mystery deepens .......

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='birdseye01' post='124888' date='Jan 21 2008, 06:25 PM']here i have a stingray bass dunno if genuine or wat havent done research mate told me to do add to swap for guitar any guitar other than squier affinity start and encore guitars but preferred a telecaster style the bass was bought for 850 i have receipt next to me with bag and police line do not cross starp and a behringer bt10b 15 watt amp no jack yet but can get one if required the paint needs re doing a nice sounding bass if played on the right amp eg i was using a swr amp dunno wat one but it was 300 watt and it sounded amazing need a guitar and preferably an amp please reply if you can help :huh: ;) ;)[/quote]

Well to be fair, he doesn't say what currency the 850 was Maybe it was an import from Ishibashi.
850 yen is .. er well XE says
850.00 JPY = 4.14370 GBP

£4.14

:)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='125136' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:36 PM']but the pound is stronger now than 8 years ago, it could have been more towards a tenner[/quote]

Ah true ..
So 60% of new price .. OK It's worth six quid ... ah but it needs a repaint - I think. Hard to tell without the punctuation of course

"the bass was bought for 850 i have receipt next to me with bag and police line do not cross starp and a behringer bt10b 15 watt amp no jack yet but can get one if required the paint needs re doing"

"The bass was bought for 850. I have [the] receipt next to me with [a] bag and "Police line! Do not cross" strap, and a Behringer BT10b 15 watt amp. No jack yet but can get one if required. The paint needs re-doing"

So is it the bass that needs its paint re-doing, the Behringer amp or the missing jack?

[quote name='Hamster' post='124975' date='Jan 21 2008, 07:55 PM']Ha Ha :) - that'll teach me to type whilst eating my dinner.

So, is it a Tangleray or a Stingwood?

Hamster[/quote]

Man you've got to watch those stingwoods, one minute it's stitting on a guitar stand, the next it has custody of your kids and is forcing your 85 yearold great grandad to work for Ford on the break disk line for minimum wage

Ok that's enough now. He's not trying to sell it for over the top price or trade it for a value it isn't worth. He's after a swap for a guitar of similar value. Sure - it's potentially misleading about it being a MusicMan, but now everyone knows it isn't.