Why become a member? ×

Another band rant

thunderbird13

[quote name='borisbrain' post='1087416' date='Jan 12 2011, 11:33 PM']So, if you'd applied for, say, a full time job, and you didn't hear anything, would you refuse to apply for any other job for the rest of the year?

My view is: F*ck 'em. If they don't want you, that's their loss. Go find another, better band, have shitloads of fun, and don't look back.

Stay groovy, and bestaluck

BB[/quote]

Although thats a fair point , I have been mucked about by 6 bands this year alone, I've wasted hours upon hours learning songs , half of which I 'm not really that fussed about. To use the employment analogy I would be asking myself if this career was really meant for me as there seems to be something not working. This is where I'm at now.

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1087664' date='Jan 13 2011, 10:19 AM']Although thats a fair point , I have been mucked about by 6 bands this year alone, I've wasted hours upon hours learning songs , half of which I 'm not really that fussed about. To use the employment analogy I would be asking myself if this career was really meant for me as there seems to be something not working. This is where I'm at now.[/quote]

So what you're saying is you should retrain as a flautist?

S.P.

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1087691' date='Jan 13 2011, 10:40 AM']Please dont tempt me - I can feel myself moving closer to that dream of a Jethro Tull tribute band :)[/quote]

You need a bit more work on your beard then :lol:

I can empathise, I had similar situations with a couple of bands last year :)

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1087664' date='Jan 13 2011, 10:19 AM']Although thats a fair point , I have been mucked about by 6 bands this year alone, I've wasted hours upon hours learning songs , half of which I 'm not really that fussed about. To use the employment analogy I would be asking myself if this career was really meant for me as there seems to be something not working. This is where I'm at now.[/quote]

Same here. I think it might be best for you to be in charge and find a drummer, then form a band. Its YOUR band then, and you decide :)

If its originals, its more fund with old friends IMO.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1087900' date='Jan 13 2011, 01:01 PM']Same here. I think it might be best for you to be in charge and find a drummer, then form a band. Its YOUR band then, and you decide :)[/quote]

Find a drummer , have you every tried finding one ??? I had have more chance of finding a tap dancing unicorn :)

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1087943' date='Jan 13 2011, 01:34 PM']Find a drummer , have you every tried finding one ??? I had have more chance of finding a tap dancing unicorn :)[/quote]

Its kinda why im going back to my old band and using the drummer for another band. Ive worked with some fantastic drummers, but this guy is so energetic and tight its unreal.

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1087943' date='Jan 13 2011, 01:34 PM']Find a drummer , have you every tried finding one ??? I had have more chance of finding a tap dancing unicorn :)[/quote]

Bass Players are in charge of finding drummers...

I could give you 6 off the top of my head ...all top drawer and living in Kent.

Sorry, didn't realise it was 6 bands - no wonder you're brassed off.

I still say, don't let the buggers grind you down. At the risk of exhausting the job analogy, I'm sure most people have been turned down for more jobs than they've actually been accepted for, but they generally keep persevering.

So, TB13, as I always say - stay groovy. If you love playing, then the right band will happen sooner or later.

Bestaluck

BB

drummers! you gotta lovem. ours just doesn't turn up. especially during world cup time. ok, i accept that football and b***j**s are top priority for a lot of folk. just a little courtesy and a text message would do it, but nothing. as for music as a job, that rarely happens unless your willing to play other peoples music. which is not the point in my eyes.

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1087269' date='Jan 12 2011, 09:30 PM']Funnily enough I just did - or rather tired to , my call was rejected. :)[/quote]
Have you made more than one attempt to call them?

It's not something about your appearance, is it? Two noses? Eye in the middle of your forehead? Ginger? :)