Why become a member? ×

Suggest me a combo to stock..

JMT3781

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1078277' date='Jan 5 2011, 09:37 AM']Thanks for that shout on the ampeg stuff, I will be per suing that today[/quote]

Two others that fall in the price bracket are the SWR LA series and some models by Laney.
I think you're going to struggle to do better than Hartke for the £ per watt enticement that your customers are looking for though... :)

I haven't thought it through carefully (I don't know your business structure or limitations after all) but have you considered finding a far eastern 'generic' supplier and doing a rebrand at all?

Edited by icastle

I would maybe say the ampeg BA combos as well. Not very moveable or loud for their size, but will always deliver good tone, be loud enough for gigs and ampeg have good name recognition amongst the general public. Hartke would also be a good one, though I'm in the minority of folk that don't like the Hartke aluminium speaker cones.
Good luck.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, as I didn't read the entire thread but maybe you could try [b]Warwick[/b] combos?

Never played their combos before but they will fall into that price range and I would think it's quite a strong brand that would sell itself really.

Maybe something like the CCL 210 ND8, CCL ND8 or Sweet 15.3?

Edited by skej21

Thanks for all suggestions, today I placed a pretty big order with hartke.

Ordered a range of stuff, got an lh500 head with one of the new ak cabs. Also got one of the hydrive combos, a 2x10 with an lh500, which I'm looking forward to seeing. Also got some of the b series stuff, and will maybe get a kickback combo if the price comes down a bit. Thanks for all the input!