Why become a member? ×

Jools Holland Hootenanny 2010.

neilb

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1075071' date='Jan 2 2011, 10:32 AM']Many drummers and bass players I know love Ian Mosely out of Marillion.. they think he's awesome.[/quote]

When you remember who he followed onto the stool... :)

[quote name='lowdown' post='1075269' date='Jan 2 2011, 01:23 PM']Why would he come on here to clarify if someone is shi#e or not?
I have known Dave for years, [and he does lurk here , although not very often]
And i do know he will not come on here and get involved in a public flogging Muso bashing/debate of work colleagues.
Sure he has better things to do. Like getting yet another sponership deal. :)
Garry[/quote]
Dont get me wrong Im not expecting him to join in I have met him and he seems too nice a bloke for that, Real passion for bass too. I wasnt egging Dave on like we would call warwickhunt in for a warwick thread I just wondered if he is a member and you say he lurks so thats that, Ta

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1075326' date='Jan 2 2011, 02:25 PM']Dont get me wrong Im not expecting him to join in I have met him and he seems too nice a bloke for that, Real passion for bass too. I wasnt egging Dave on like we would call warwickhunt in for a warwick thread I just wondered if he is a member and you say he lurks so thats that, Ta[/quote]

He might well come on here and remind me how to spell [b]Sponsorship[/b] though! :)

Garry

QUOTE:I wouldnt go down that route with Doddy witterth I think he plays with a few tasty players everyday, UNQUOTE

what? so sould I be scared of him in a sopranos/goodfellows way? :)

I just meant GL is a great player, very,very,very good. and rather ( as you point out )than calling him "sh*te" Mr D should respect that. he could turn up at an audition one day and hear "Have you met Gilson?"

Haven't seen "Doddy" on the telly since mid '80s! :)

wonder what he'd say if someone said he couldnt swing/suffle/groove/5 strings or no, in the public forum, that colleagues/employers read,or, called him "sh*te" he'd probably shug it off but wouldnt be happy.EH? (I know what you mean Pete)

I suppose real pros, havent the time to be arsed :lol:

if you stick your head up,expect it to get to get shot at!! Mr D :D

W

I just meant it as it says although he does frequent Stoke so he may be a bit of a horses head in your bed kind of guy :) , AFAIK he plays every day with top musicians so he would have a good idea of good and bad drummers and some of them Im sure have a good CV's too.

I dont think the term sh*te was a good one and not like doddy either from previous threads? Are you out there Doddy?

I appreciate this thread is 99% good content, and some valid points have been raised... But like a few other recent threads there are hints of personal opinion being 'enforced' rather than voiced.

Please please please keep it clean guys. You don't have to agree to discuss.

Cheers folks

Shep

I've had people tell me that that don't like how I play,and that they don't like what I do for this reason or that. It happens with
everyone-some people may think you're great,others may think you're sh*te.
Everyone has opinions on players,either good or bad-I just voiced mine harshly.

[quote name='Doddy' post='1074142' date='Jan 1 2011, 03:17 AM']....I really don't rate him in the slightest. I've played opposite Jools' band a few times,and I think that Gilson has no balls or drive in him. He doesn't swing that much either....[/quote]
I wish I could play with a drummer that bad!!!

[quote name='lowdown' post='1075269' date='Jan 2 2011, 01:23 PM']I have known Dave for years, [and he does lurk here , although not very often]
And i do know he will not come on here and get involved in a public flogging Muso bashing/debate of work colleagues.
Sure he has better things to do. Like getting yet another sponership deal. :)[/quote]

He was great in the Mummy too....

Ok..we have done the one particular guy, but there are plenty of times when others get a gig before me and I just can't see it.
But hey, it is just the way that booker goes, so ...?? you get over it, esepecially when you look at the other players he books and you wouldn't..you just have to say, it is that guys call.

I make sure I pass him a few gigs so he doesn't forget about me ha ha

[quote name='Doddy' post='1074838' date='Jan 1 2011, 10:40 PM']I think it's spot on- I think he's sh*te. No balls,technique or swing. I regularly play with drummers who blow him in every single way.[/quote]

Not the best turn of phrase Doddy! think you probably mean't 'blow him away' !!!