Why become a member? ×

we are so important as bass players

greyparrot

[quote name='RhysP' post='1072218' date='Dec 29 2010, 10:23 PM']Wouldn't all these things of yours be more suited to the " Performance>Recording" section, where most other people put films of themselves, rather than in the "Gear>Bass Guitar" section?

Just a thought.[/quote]

i dunno? it is bass guitar related, i thought the recording section is for recording tips? to be honest i just thought bass guitar, playing bass guitars ? and my stunningl bongo is a bass guitar that people seem to like the sound of.

[quote name='RhysP' post='1072218' date='Dec 29 2010, 10:23 PM']Wouldn't all these things of yours be more suited to the " Performance>Recording" section, where most other people put films of themselves, rather than in the "Gear>Bass Guitar" section?

Just a thought.[/quote]

I've thought this too, it's a nice bass and good playing, but it is a recording and should really be in the recording section. :)

This section is more about the actual instrument. A video or recording makes sense if you're saying "hey, look how awesome this instrument is", but after that, recordings should be in the recording section.

All IMO of course.

Keep posting videos though, I'm enjoying watching them. :)

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1072239' date='Dec 29 2010, 10:44 PM']I've thought this too, it's a nice bass and good playing, but it is a recording and should really be in the recording section. :)

This section is more about the actual instrument. A video or recording makes sense if you're saying "hey, look how awesome this instrument is", but after that, recordings should be in the recording section.

All IMO of course.

Keep posting videos though, I'm enjoying watching them. :)[/quote]

ok cool. i always thouth the recording section is about recording tech for the bass. :-) no worries, glad your likeing em. Im enjoying doing them too. its also really good because i learn so much just by watching and hearing what i (or whoever) is doing, Its amazing what you can do with a £80 hd camcorder and a you tube account.....im sure the trill of being ablt to broadcast will where off soon! but it is fun.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1072249' date='Dec 29 2010, 11:51 PM']ok cool. i always thouth the recording section is about recording tech for the bass. :-) no worries, glad your likeing em. Im enjoying doing them too. its also really good because i learn so much just by watching and hearing what i (or whoever) is doing, Its amazing what you can do with a £80 hd camcorder and a you tube account.....im sure the trill of being ablt to broadcast will where off soon! but it is fun.[/quote]

I felt it fitted well in this forum, as it´s about "bass", not the actual recorded performance, which is there just as an example...

loved it, I was just talking to someone last night who thought bass was unimportant... :)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1073089' date='Dec 30 2010, 08:05 PM']I felt it fitted well in this forum, as it´s about "bass", not the actual recorded performance, which is there just as an example...

loved it, I was just talking to someone last night who thought bass was unimportant... :)[/quote]

right! how many times have wee heard that, bass is unimportant! not that it worries me, cos we know better. i did this as a quick FB ad for bass lessons, and i gave my first one (in ages) today. Take the link email it to em! hehe

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1073382' date='Dec 31 2010, 01:44 AM']versatility.. Ive always thought of the bass as the drums, with the added capacity for direction of harmony thats played, depending on the color of the harmony being played.. as Yoda would would say.. many variables may they become..[/quote]

hehe ace. Just came back from a jam, had a great time. So many great players down at the Mill beach pub in heybridge on a thursday jam. Yes i know what you mean mate. I think of the bass as the cement between the rhytham and melody. :-)

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1073384' date='Dec 31 2010, 01:51 AM']hehe ace. Just came back from a jam, had a great time. So many great players down at the Mill beach pub in heybridge on a thursday jam. Yes i know what you mean mate. I think of the bass as the cement between the rhytham and melody. :-)[/quote]Rich what bass you playing now..im sure i saw a thread about it but canny remember?