Why become a member? ×

Posted for shear ridiculousness...

Be reasonable:

[i]I saw XXXXX (ex Bad Co tour Manager) last Friday and asked him if he has anything. I haven't seen him for a year, as he left the band to start a new job managing a construction company. He said that he hasn't got any stuff from the past. Incredible considering who he's worked with (Zeppelin 72, Purple Burn tour 74) But he did say that XXXXX was a very difficult man to work for and that he was extremely XXXXX and at some times quite XXXXXX. By all accounts he had a bit of a complex over his XXXXXXXX. He told me about the time XXXXXXX sent him to France to pick up this old Ferrari. Great XXXXXXX thought, I get to drive this all the way back to his home. Little did XXXXXXX know, XXXXXXX failed to tell him that the accelerator was knackered and the car couldn't go above 40. XXXXXXXX said "I looked like a complete XXXX driving on these fast European roads, going 40 in a XXXXking Ferrari!!!". Hope that one gets a few laughs.
[/i]
That's got to be worth a few grand on its own. :)

Ah yes, this is the fabled "convenience amp". Jimmy Page done a poo on it, SRV used it as a step for painting the ceiling, Eddie Van used it as a cigarette holder on the '1984' tour, Rolf used it as the test bed when developing the stylophone etc... of course I can't prove any of this. Still worth a grand though. :)

Here's a Q&A from one of his auctions.

[quote]Q: Hi there, apart from the crack in the paintwork, is the guitar undamaged? Does it tune up, have good intonation and play action? Also - I went to bid on another item and found I was blocked. I don't understand why this could be, as I've never purchased from you previously, and I have an impeccable feedback rating. 16-Dec-10
A: Hello, eee by gum makes you wonder don`t it. Thank you[/quote]