Why become a member? ×

Small pedal boards

Prime_BASS

I'm down to two effects (one is the arbitrary tuner) and as such my current board is now devoid of anything.

What I'm asking is; are there any super small pedal boards/cases that won't look pointless with just two?

I like to keep things compact/tidy so as long it fits 2 pedals and the 9v adapter plug it's all good.
Smallest I've seen is the pedaltrain mini, still too big.

I thought about making my own but like everything I try to do it'll be crap.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1037240' date='Nov 26 2010, 12:58 AM']I'm down to two effects (one is the arbitrary tuner) and as such my current board is now devoid of anything.

What I'm asking is; are there any super small pedal boards/cases that won't look pointless with just two?

I like to keep things compact/tidy so as long it fits 2 pedals and the 9v adapter plug it's all good.

I thought about making my own but like everything I try to do it'll be crap.[/quote]

Just buy an aluminium case from b&q and make a carpet-covered board to fit inside it - voila, a tiny pedalboard in a case!

I run 3 pedals with a power bank in a small diago board, space for another 2 pedals if I need them

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1037240' date='Nov 26 2010, 12:58 AM']I'm down to two effects (one is the arbitrary tuner) and as such my current board is now devoid of anything.

I thought about making my own but like everything I try to do it'll be crap.[/quote]

space is ok... so you can fix your two pedals, the power supply, and have room for maybe your instrument leads and some other bits and pieces. Why not?

You could fit a glass holder too :)

I bought a cheapish Kinsman pedal board where I have a T-rex power supply, my wireless receiver, and 7 pedals. It's crowded now. But it would be great for power/wireless and a couple of pedals, giving me room for extra cables etc. Light, and only £25-30 new. Quality is not exceptional, but it's holding on fine, and with less pedals = less weight, it woud be even better.

I have just bought a larger (and better built, but much heavier) Diago board, because I keep changing pedals (playing in 3 different bands) and I want something where I can fit everything with a couple of loops (that Boss LS2 line selector pedal is great!) and not touch it again. This is the board I thought of buying initially but didn't, because I would not use all the space and might look empty and silly. :)
I ended up buying two boards after all.

So, my recommendation: buy bigger than you need. Space doesn't weigh, and a larger board is not significantly harder to carry than a smaller one. Best to have some options in the future.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1037552' date='Nov 26 2010, 11:14 AM']All good suggestions however all still a bit big.

The smallest ones all designed to fit at least 3 pedals.

I guess I could fashion a platform for them to sit and easy enough to cram in a gig bag.[/quote]
you could always buy another pedal???? :) :)

I have a large Flightcase Warehousse board, a large Diago board and a small Spider board. The Spider is the better designed of the three simply because of the gel cushion on the underside of the handle. As such, it's very comfortable to carry whilst the Flightcase WArehouse one can be a bit painful (i pack my boards too!).

Dan

Depending on the effects, you might be able to attach them together. I'm thinking of those little strips of plastic with two screw holes in which are designed to put under the corder screws on boss pedals - you then screw the other hole to a pedal board, except you could put the other hole under the screw on the other pedal.

That was hard to word!

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1037899' date='Nov 26 2010, 03:48 PM']Depending on the effects, you might be able to attach them together. I'm thinking of those little strips of plastic with two screw holes in which are designed to put under the corder screws on boss pedals - you then screw the other hole to a pedal board, except you could put the other hole under the screw on the other pedal.

That was hard to word![/quote]

do you really need a pedal board for 2 boss pedals?? surely just chuck em in your gig bag, they're hardly fragile!

[quote name='GazWills' post='1037920' date='Nov 26 2010, 04:09 PM']do you really need a pedal board for 2 boss pedals?? surely just chuck em in your gig bag, they're hardly fragile![/quote]

Well then you'd have to plug in patch cables and power cables every time.

I bought a nice mojogear board off one of the stylish pedal whores on here (I forgot which one :)) it's triangular and has a soft bag. If you put two boss pedals and a power bank on it, it'd look suitably populated.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1037944' date='Nov 26 2010, 04:29 PM']Well then you'd have to plug in patch cables and power cables every time.[/quote]

one patch cable and a PSU!!!

:)

not trying to be unhelpful... i've never seen a board designed for 2 pedals though, quite surprised pedaltrain went as small as they did with a nano.

i'd say get the slightly bigger board, you're bound to get a 3rd pedal in the future - who of us on here has settled on the same pedal configuration for more than a few months!!!

Edited by GazWills