Why become a member? ×

Status Shark 5 String Custom Colour SOLD elsewhere

ash

Here is my superb Status Shark 5 string bass in a rare robin's egg blue finish with pearl scratchplate. This bass plays, looks and sounds superb. It's light, well balanced with a low action and shallow neck profile, the sound is like a P bass on steroids, articulate and punchy. Simple passive controls and exceptional playability this is a handmade UK instrument with a carbon graphite reinforced neck. No issues other than a ding on the lower edge that has been varnished over (see pic). The bass comes complete with Hiscox Lightflight case. 350 and its yours!

Pickup preferred but I can post for around 25GBP UK only.

[attachment=64036:IMGP1695.JPG]

[attachment=64037:_B82jIp_...ZQ____12.jpg]

[attachment=64038:_B82jMnw...h_w___12.jpg]

[attachment=64039:_B82jOKQ...sUQ___12.jpg]

Now sold thanks!

Edited by ash

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' post='1025246' date='Nov 15 2010, 09:51 PM']Where are u situated?[/quote]

Hi I'm based in Lancaster Lancs. String spacing is nice and wide, that's why i like it. Matches a four string, nice and comfy, great bottom B. Don't want to sell but I bought a nice 5 string Sandberg from this very site so the Shark has not seen much action lately!

I think I recognise this bass...

As a former owner I can say that this is one sweet bass! Has the simplicity of a Precision, a really flat, wide neck that feels very quick to play, great stylings...like AndyTravis, if it were 4 strings then I'd be very tempted to have it back!

I've bought off Ash before and had no problems at all, nice guy to deal with. I actually bought a black version of this bass and another time a 5 string groove bass! I can vouch for the necks being very nice, I have not so far in my experience played a neck as nice as the flat 'D' profile Status basses. I highly recommend them.

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' post='1025327' date='Nov 15 2010, 11:24 PM']I've bought off Ash before and had no problems at all, nice guy to deal with. I actually bought a black version of this bass and another time a 5 string groove bass! I can vouch for the necks being very nice, I have not so far in my experience played a neck as nice as the flat 'D' profile Status basses. I highly recommend them.[/quote]

Yes I remember, I miss the Groove, fancy a swap back......? Nice to hear from you again though and thanks for your kind words!

[quote name='ash' post='1025367' date='Nov 16 2010, 12:00 AM']Yes I remember, I miss the Groove, fancy a swap back......? Nice to hear from you again though and thanks for your kind words![/quote]
How does ther Shark compare to the Groove? I absolutely love Grooves, so am sorely tempted by this, but will need to find stuff to sell first...

[quote name='Merton' post='1025769' date='Nov 16 2010, 12:44 PM']How does ther Shark compare to the Groove? I absolutely love Grooves, so am sorely tempted by this, but will need to find stuff to sell first...[/quote]

Necks are very similar the body shape is smaller than the Groove - more the classic ergonomic Status shape. The pickup is more traditional sounding - a big fat sound nonetheless. I think the Shark's have a better resonance thanks to the neck to body joint. Both basses are excellent but for the classic Status look and feel the Shark has it. I also must admit I don't like the look of the Groove headstock it's a bit of a clumsy take on the Musicman/Fender to my tastes.

I bought one of M Bass old sharks, at the same time as bidding but losing out on this one funnily enough, and thought it was a cracking instrument.

It was usurped by a jazz because I prefer the strings closer together, and if it wasn't for this bass wider string spacing I'd snap it up.

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='Shambo' post='1026443' date='Nov 16 2010, 10:10 PM']I bought one of M Bass old sharks, at the same time as bidding but losing out on this one funnily enough, and thought it was a cracking instrument.

It was usurped by a jazz because I prefer the strings closer together, and if it wasn't for this bass wider string spacing I'd snap it up.

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Yes a superb bass, records well too, I have done a couple of recent CDs with this and had lots of nice things said about the sound especially the B string.
Sadly I don't have room for two 5 strings as I play mainly 4s these days so its got to go. Lots of interest and the usual.... but no serious takers yet.

[quote name='ash' post='1027089' date='Nov 17 2010, 05:17 PM']Yes a superb bass, records well too, I have done a couple of recent CDs with this and had lots of nice things said about the sound especially the B string.
Sadly I don't have room for two 5 strings as I play mainly 4s these days so its got to go. Lots of interest and the usual.... but no serious takers yet.[/quote]

Up we go!