Why become a member? ×

Auralex GRAMMA Pad

dbass

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has one of these beasts?

I know they are a fair wack of money for a piece of foam, wood and carpet BUT it's probably been the biggest tone improver for me on crap stages (i.e most of them). They really tighten up the bottom end and take away the boominess without having to loose your sound due to massive EQ alterations.

I'm not affiliated with the company either, I just think more people should know about them and possibly try one if they can.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1021379' date='Nov 12 2010, 01:27 PM']There's a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=80045"]whole thread of love here[/url]. Cracking bit of kit.[/quote]

Gah, damn my lack of search forum skills.

I do apologise for double threading!

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1021426' date='Nov 12 2010, 01:56 PM']I can't think of a bass-related topic that hasn't been done [i]at least[/i] twice here. :)[/quote]

I don't think anybody has yet compared the Precision model and the Jazz model of bass guitars made by the Fender Musical Instrument Corporation over in America.

If anyone is interested the answer is Precision, because the Jazz bass was mainly intended for the ladies.

[quote name='Alfie' post='1021446' date='Nov 12 2010, 02:08 PM']I don't think anybody has yet compared the Precision model and the Jazz model of bass guitars made by the Fender Musical Instrument Corporation over in America.

If anyone is interested the answer is Precision, because the Jazz bass was mainly intended for the ladies.[/quote]

If you know about this stuff, perhaps you could explain why the Jazz has its two pickups far apart, while the Precision has its two pickups almost side by side?

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1021456' date='Nov 12 2010, 02:16 PM']If you know about this stuff, perhaps you could explain why the Jazz has its two pickups far apart, while the Precision has its two pickups almost side by side?[/quote]

It is all to do with midi-chlorians

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1022109' date='Nov 13 2010, 02:29 AM']I've heard basses and amps referred to (eye-rollingly) as "beasts" but this is the first time I've heard the name misappropriated for a carpeted plank of wood.[/quote]

:)

Sorry, got a bit too excited there.

Still, it's a "beast" as far as carpeted foam board goes

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1021426' date='Nov 12 2010, 01:56 PM']I can't think of a bass-related topic that hasn't been done [i]at least[/i] twice here. :)[/quote]

Im not sure i agree with you but im going to post a great video just saw on Youtube called "drummer at the wrong.........;-)

I love my Gramma pad. I got one when someone posted about a discount and a lot of us placed an order, and have used it at every gig since.