Why become a member? ×

How many amps/rigs do you have?

ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='basshead56' post='1008095' date='Nov 1 2010, 06:24 AM']Ive got 2 (1 VERY) big rigs, a small rig and a combo for my EUB

But they're all at the other side of the globe at the mo :)

down under-er, I have just got a Fender Rumble 100 (the second one I've owned) and a P Bass- does the trick nicely![/quote]

Not away for too long i hope.

Although I have a feeling there's gonna be an awful lot of abandoned bass kit around the country before the next few years are out. Got my DB from a lad who was emigrating. :)

One head, four cabs!

SWR SM1500 head (weighs a tonne, but worth it)
2 x SWR Goliath III 4x10's
1 x Schroeder 21012
1 x vintage Hiwatt 4x12 with celestion G80b's (weighs a tonne, hasnt moved out of the garage in years).

For the big shows with the main band its the SM1500 with the two gollys, for smaller shows with the blues rock band then its the SM1500 with the Schroeder.

Ashdown Superduperfly head
Tech Soundsystems 4x10 for rock gigs
BFM Omni 10.5 for small intimate gigs (needs sorting out to stop it farting though)
GK 200MB (forerunner of the MB150) for ceilidh band rehearsals in the pub, though I have used it for bigger gigs too

Currently I've got four amps; Eden WT400, Markbass TA501, Markbass F500 and a TC Electronics RH450. Three cabs, all Bergantino's; AE112, HT112ER, EX112ER (the last two I run as a pair). I've just ordered another TC Electronics head (a Classic 450) so I can link them for more control into my HT/EX cabs using just the power section of the Classic head - running one head per cab.

Edited by alanbass1

Just 1 extendable rig:
Hartke AH350 driving
2.5XL (2x10) for practices and most gigs
New (to me) Hartke 1800 (1x18) for big gigs

There's a 115XL which is now up for grabs and an old Trace 4x10 which I haven't the heart to sell, but ought to. Offers anyone?

There's also an SWR Workingmans 300 which I've never liked but gets loaned out and offers some sort of backup - but only taken once as such. Not worth any money but could be useful.

Oh, I also have a little Hartke 20W practice amp which I got in pristine condition from the 'Bay for a tenner for practice at home.

I wonder how many others have more stuff than they thought.

Just got my Peavey TNT150 with 2x8 extension cab. It's currently at the shop waiting to be checked out as it is distorting at anything over about 10% output. :)
I'm making do with my lad's Roland Vdrums monitor. (which actually sounds better than any 30w practice amp I've tried)
Depending on the news from the shop, i might do a self build cab!!!!!

Cheers, Mick.

Thinking about it, the Roland TD10 cost more than any 30w practice amp, so it should sound better!!!

Edited by Big Mick

[quote name='Big Mick' post='1010210' date='Nov 2 2010, 07:48 PM']Just got my Peavey TNT150 with 2x8 extension cab. It's currently at the shop waiting to be checked out as it is distorting at anything over about 10% output. :)
I'm making do with my lad's Roland Vdrums monitor. (which actually sounds better than any 30w practice amp I've tried)
Depending on the news from the shop, i might do a self build cab!!!!!

Cheers, Mick.[/quote]

If your amp is passing signal it can be fixed. And it might be real simple... capacitors or something similar. Probably, knowing Peavey (that's good).

[quote name='Count Bassie' post='1010216' date='Nov 2 2010, 11:52 PM']If your amp is passing signal it can be fixed. And it might be real simple... capacitors or something similar. Probably, knowing Peavey (that's good).[/quote]

That's good to know, the guy looking at it is actually a mate of mine and a bit of an electronics guru.

Cheers, Mick.

[quote name='Big Mick' post='1010223' date='Nov 2 2010, 07:58 PM']That's good to know, the guy looking at it is actually a mate of mine and a bit of an electronics guru.

Cheers, Mick.[/quote]

The Peavey site has a forum which might be very helpful; also you can call them and speak to someone (Google "Peavey" and find the number through the 'contact' link). The people there tend to be knowledgeable, helpful, and interested in hearing about the older gear still in use. Best o' luck man!

Edited by Count Bassie

4 heads(one is a removeable combo) too many cabs..... 5 if ya don't count my old DIY ones...

Amps- [b]Ampeg SVTII[/b] '91 model

- [b]Traynor YBA200[/b]

- [b]Mesa Walkabout[/b] (SCOUT combo)

- [b]Mark Bass LMII[/b]

Cabs- [b]Bergantino NV215, HS410, AE212, AE112[/b]

- [b]Mesa Walkabout Scout 1x12[/b] cab(combo)

- [b]Mark Bass HR115STD[/b]

Retired cabs- MUST SELL but Heck I built 'em so they hold a special place....
EV TL606 (1x15")
4x10 sealed- based on a SVT410E

Edited by rodl2005

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1010195' date='Nov 2 2010, 11:27 PM']It's nice to see quite a variety of rigs. If I'm honest, I was expecting far more Ashdown or Ampeg rigs than are cropping up.[/quote]

Variety is the spice of life!

If there was a sub-question: 'What would you add?' it would be an expensive, 112 or even 110 for practices. Barefaced would be great, but that sort of thing. I've tried a couple but not really found one that I can currently afford to push out enough power.

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1010375' date='Nov 3 2010, 09:03 AM']Variety is the spice of life![/quote]

Totally agreed, but with Ampeg being the "industry standard" for so long and there not being a shop in the land that doesn't stock Ashdown at the moment (and comparitively very few shops that stock other things) I just expected the majority of people to use one of those two brands.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1005955' date='Oct 30 2010, 12:07 AM']I've just got the one atm, but seriously tempted to get a lightweight rig too for practices and small gigs. My current rig is my dream rig, it's just a royal PITA to lug a 1kw head and a 4x10 to practices, very tempting to get a micro head and 2 small cabs (maybe 2 neo 1x12s).

Please just tell me I'm being stupid and I only need one amp. :)[/quote]

I have two:

Hartke HA3000 with a VX410 and that lives in the rehearsal studio (I'm lazy!).
Peavey Tour 700 with a Warwick WCA115 and a Warwick WCA210 - I mix and match as I need to :)