Why become a member? ×

TO GO: The Wife!

CPBass

[quote name='noirpunk' post='284516' date='Sep 15 2008, 08:58 PM']Had my eye on a particular '90 for a while now. She's justifiable now since her location isn't too far away. Snag is I gotta prise her out of her owners hands.
Saw her today and my god the pics on the listing don't do her justice![/quote]

You’re running on very dodgy ground there my friend if the proprietor is not will to let her go…some things just aren’t meant to be. Put the GAS on hold :)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='284524' date='Sep 15 2008, 09:03 PM']You’re running on very dodgy ground there my friend if the proprietor is not will to let her go…some things just aren’t meant to be. Put the GAS on hold :huh:[/quote]

I'm biding my time. I'll admire from a distance but it seems she plays better in my hands :)
Infact I've been asked to take her out of her case again on Saturday

[quote name='noirpunk' post='284778' date='Sep 16 2008, 09:35 AM']I'm biding my time. I'll admire from a distance but it seems she plays better in my hands :huh:
Infact I've been asked to take her out of her case again on Saturday[/quote]

oooh, norty norty!

I like it :) You have to be careful, as has been posted higher up, but if she fits well and you can play her better than her current owner then something has to be done to rectify the situation!

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='284787' date='Sep 16 2008, 09:45 AM']I like it :) You have to be careful, as has been posted higher up, but if she fits well and you can play her better than her current owner then something has to be done to rectify the situation![/quote]
And then you can enjoy her before she moves on to the next owner.

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='284787' date='Sep 16 2008, 09:45 AM']oooh, norty norty!

I like it :) You have to be careful, as has been posted higher up, but if she fits well and you can play her better than her current owner then something has to be done to rectify the situation![/quote]

Indeed. I have a while to try n rectify the situation.
Seriously gassing tho, like you wouldn't believe.
Out of bass slanging her choice of uni was cos I go there

[quote name='noirpunk' post='284817' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:35 AM']Indeed. I have a while to try n rectify the situation.
Seriously gassing tho, like you wouldn't believe.
Out of bass slanging her choice of uni was cos I go there[/quote]

Now, THAT'S dangerous. People choosin a Uni just to be with a someone is sketchy. YMMV, but NONE of the couples I know who went to the same uni (cos they wanted to be 'togevah') stayed the distance...and regretted having to face their ex at every night out on the pull.

Be wary, good sir...there's gonna be plenty more GASsing before you finish Uni! :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='284963' date='Sep 16 2008, 01:23 PM']Now, THAT'S dangerous. People choosin a Uni just to be with a someone is sketchy. YMMV, but NONE of the couples I know who went to the same uni (cos they wanted to be 'togevah') stayed the distance...and regretted having to face their ex at every night out on the pull.

Be wary, good sir...there's gonna be plenty more GASsing before you finish Uni! :)[/quote]

true enough. we'll see what happens, I'm not gonna jump at anything despite how much I'm gassing.
I got some gigs coming up near my uni so you never know, could have other nice aquisitions in the offing haha
Basses, you can't live with em and you can't live without em :huh:

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='284963' date='Sep 16 2008, 01:23 PM']Now, THAT'S dangerous. People choosin a Uni just to be with a someone is sketchy. YMMV, but NONE of the couples I know who went to the same uni (cos they wanted to be 'togevah') stayed the distance...and regretted having to face their ex at every night out on the pull.

Be wary, good sir...there's gonna be plenty more GASsing before you finish Uni! :huh:[/quote]

I'm not following... :)
Why are you writing about girls and couples and stuff when this is clearly a thread about buying a bass guitar from someone.

Soooo confused.
:huh:

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='265582' date='Aug 19 2008, 02:24 PM']I'm just shipping mine off to a man in Essex who's promising to replace half of her in carbon graphite.[/quote]

There's no chance she's a second-hand model - maybe once owned by a bloke from Liverpool? Nice chap - gave me the thumbs up one time - smiles a lot these days.

[quote name='skywalker' post='290278' date='Sep 23 2008, 07:00 PM']Mrs Tinman has yet to find this thread.............[/quote]

She'll be paddling about in the off-topic end, per usually.

And as for mine, picked her up in Asia a few years back. Never been able to conclusively verify her vintage though. And like my Atlansia, she's a bit of an unusual design. 'Nuff said.

Edited by noelk27

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='skywalker' post='290278' date='Sep 23 2008, 08:00 PM']Mrs Tinman has yet to find this thread.............[/quote]

You think? :huh:

I check back every now and then just to make sure Tinman's not been talking about me :) :huh:

[quote name='noelk27' post='290372' date='Sep 23 2008, 09:59 PM']She'll be paddling about in the off-topic end, per usually.[/quote]

Just because that's where I restrict most of my posting to, doesn't mean I don't read lots of other stuff :lol:

You horrible lot had better watch yourselves as you never know just where I might be 'paddling about' next :unsure:

Oh, and for the record - very funny thread :huh:

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='300311' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:13 AM']You think? :huh:

I check back every now and then just to make sure Tinman's not been talking about me :) :huh:

Just because that's where I restrict most of my posting to, doesn't mean I don't read lots of other stuff :lol:

You horrible lot had better watch yourselves as you never know just where I might be 'paddling about' next :unsure:

Oh, and for the record - very funny thread :huh:[/quote]

Go on then Mrs T
"To Go: The husband" ....

[quote name='OldGit' post='300315' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:20 AM']Go on then Mrs T
"To Go: The husband" ....[/quote]

Awww, I'm not bright enough to write something witty and bass related about that, besides, I'd rather keep him, he does come in useful sometimes :huh:

I think if Tinman ever put me on here, never mind recycling - he would probably be offering vast amounts of money to anyone daft enough to take me off his hands :) :huh:

Edited by Mrs Tinman

[i]I think if Tinman ever put me on here, never mind recycling - he would probably be offering vast amounts of money to anyone daft enough to take me off his hands [/i]

Looks like we have an auction on our hands guys :) :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wmsheep' post='153375' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:39 PM']I`m the third owner of a shortscale `65 of unknown origin; a bit of an enigma as she`s not a jazz and certainly not precision.

She`s due for some cosmetic work to the body soon (a problem with one of the curves on the body), and hopefully this will suit us both.

Soundwise, she has a tendancy to be very loud, and emits a horrible whining noise when ignored for more than 10 minutes (less than 10 minutes if I`m seen eyeing up newer models).[/quote]

Got mine back from the workshop now - was a bit inconvenient as she was originally in for 5 days, then out for a couple, then back in the bodyshop for another 10.

HOWEVER, I`m more than happy about the quality of work done; OK, so they recycled 100% but they`ve taken and used bits from a normally unseen area so it`s not really noticable. Just a little more bodywork to be scheduled for a couple of months time, but that should only take an hour or so.

Still has a tendancy to whine a lot tho`.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...