Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How long is the bass in your hands each day?

arthurhenry

If I am playing with the band I can do 6-8hrs as top end practice but equally I can leave it alone for a few days. I think not enough would serve me best as my answer for on a daily basis but I try and play most days. I'd average anywhere between a few minutes and a couple of hours.

As this is hopefully going to be my occupation anything from 1 to 6 hours a day, normally on the higher end :lol: Shed shed shed shed shed....

[quote name='urb' post='999829' date='Oct 25 2010, 11:30 AM']Anything from 10mins to an hour - sometimes more - little and often is my moto.[/quote]
There's a nice joke in there but I left my flame-proof onsey at a friend's place, so I'll just leave it at that :)

Edited by JamieBenzies

[quote name='jonunders' post='1001271' date='Oct 26 2010, 04:07 PM']what should i be doing as a person new to bass![/quote]

Enough to keep your interest :)

Me, I play the bass probably about an hour a day at the minute, but I often play the guitar half an hour a day and leave the bass alone for a few weeks. I think to some extent they help each other (unlike say...if I was surfing instead of playing a stringed guitar type plank of wood)
Jas

• 2 weeks later...