Why become a member? ×

tc electronics

bobbytodd

I now use a TC Electronic Classic 450 (which is superb, warm and plenty of grind on hand if you want it) I use this with a Genz Benz NeoX212T (2x12") and it is a superb combination
I play pop, rock and indie covers in all sizes of venue and find it sounds spot on, tight punchy.
I wouldnt bother with a 10" in the set up it will make no difference, matched 2x12's is the way to go

I wouldnt hesitate to recommend these !

If you need any further info just ask

Cheers
Ade

If I can pose another question to the thread:

What's the difference between the Classic 450, Rebel Head450, and Staccato 51? Aside from memory presets and built in tuner etc of the latter two, are they the same amp underneath? Or are the all voiced differently? I'm really more interested in the sound the three amps produce than the extra features. On paper they all look the same.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='997184' date='Oct 22 2010, 03:25 PM']Classic + RH450 - Same 'sound', upgrades if you want them on the RH450.

Staccato - Different sound out of the box. MASSIVE low end! Still sounds like the same amp, but with different EQ points and a few other tweaks.[/quote]
Cheers!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='997225' date='Oct 22 2010, 03:57 PM']Irrelevant observation - I was in town today, and I went into a guitar shop (an alien evironment for me). I saw an RS212 in the flesh for the first time.

My God, it's huge.

Err.. that's it. As you were.[/quote]

Was it guitarguitar?

Strangely, despite the width, I thought the cab was fairly compact, especially compared to my DB212!

It is also a very nice weight for a ceramic loaded cab, I was suprised.

For some people it would be overkill, as the RS210 would cover their gig.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='997230' date='Oct 22 2010, 04:01 PM']Was it guitarguitar?

Strangely, despite the width, I thought the cab was fairly compact, especially compared to my DB212!

It is also a very nice weight for a ceramic loaded cab, I was suprised.

For some people it would be overkill, as the RS210 would their gig.[/quote]
Yep, GG!

It was the depth that freaked me out. I was quite suprised...

Then again, it's been a lot of years since I've used 'proper man's cabs'. I'm just getting soft.

:)

Hey guys, I've been Looking into changing my existing setup and been looking into the TC electronic setups. Since that time, Tc have brought out a couple of extra additions including the brand new BH500 head with its own cabs.

The BH500 has the same (And a little bit more) features as the RH450 but, alot cheaper.

Any oppinions on that amp?

[url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/bh500.asp"]http://www.tcelectronic.com/bh500.asp[/url]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='997225' date='Oct 22 2010, 03:57 PM']Irrelevant observation - I was in town today, and I went into a guitar shop (an alien evironment for me). I saw an RS212 in the flesh for the first time.

My God, it's huge.

Err.. that's it. As you were.[/quote]

But they are very portable, the handle are set in both sides near the front so you can lift it safely then walk through a doorway without risk of scuffing your knuckles

Im more than pleased with mine in all areas

I use Classic 450 with pair of Mesa PH112 and it is just superb. VERY loud, very good match(sound and colour-wise, too, see pic :) ).

If you don't need parametric EQ, tuner and presets, go with Classic. It has the same voicing and is very "plug and play" for me, I don't have to ask those "what if.." questions about parametric eq etc.. Presets can be very sweet, but I'm used to set one nice sound at the beginning and just go with that(that's why I switched from active to passive basses). I have some home-recordings of the head with my JB(unfortunately with very old strings) so I can post it if you would be interested.

Edited by davidak

[quote name='bobbytodd' post='1005514' date='Oct 29 2010, 05:38 PM']well it looks like im keeping my old set up for a while.they took me into the office this morning and told me they were cutting my hours to 20 a week :)[/quote]

Very sorry to hear that. If it helps I sold my old kit to fund a TC Classic 450 and paired it with a Bergantino AE212 and it has wiped the floor with everything I've ever owned previously (which is a supidly large range of kit). The good old "Arts Council" are still offering 0% over 10 months to pretty much anyone.

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1005558' date='Oct 29 2010, 06:15 PM']Very sorry to hear that. If it helps I sold my old kit to fund a TC Classic 450 and paired it with a Bergantino AE212 and it has wiped the floor with everything I've ever owned previously (which is a supidly large range of kit). The good old "Arts Council" are still offering 0% over 10 months to pretty much anyone.[/quote]

Interested to know about this specific combination, I must admit!!