Why become a member? ×

swap my 2 ebs black label pedals for ????????/

ian

hi everyone i have 2 ebs pedals in great condition. 1 octavider boxed in good condition.and a uni chorus also in great condtion with mains adaptor and daisy chain ..i would like to swap for a boss gt6b or what do you have????????????

Edited by ian

I dont use effects (only volume) but I have always believed that good individual effects are better than multi units where you dont use half of what is available and the quality of the effects you do use is not as good. Lets face it - if multi units were that great nobody would have a pedalboard.

[quote]crazy, i dont know why anyone would ever trade their gt6b for that[/quote]

EBS make what are probably some of the best non boutique pedals imo and they certainly aren't cheap so I find you comment a bit odd too.

No offence meant.

Peter

for someone to go from having a gt6b straight into having two £80ish pedal each having just a single effect each is bizzare, no matter how good the pedals sound, your getting rid of 15 odd good sounding effects (probably more, the gt6b is a fantastic sounding processor) for 2 great sounding effects, money wise makes no sense, when considering you good buy plenty of very decent single effects with the £180 odd you'd get for sellin the gt6b

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='112238' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:48 PM']crazy, i dont know why anyone would ever trade their gt6b for that[/quote]

£150 - £180 second hand price on a GT6B. £75- 90 second hand price on a unichorus

2 x EBS pedals therefore equals a fair swap for a GT6B

Sometimes, it pays to do your research before you post unhelpful comments. Even better, don't post them at all.

i didnt say it didnt equal the swap value wise at all

if the guy just had the gt6b lyin round doin nothin, then fair enough, but if its his/her main effects processor, i repeat it makes no sense, IMO :)

Edited by BassManKev

Ahh.. But if you want a really good chorus et al. to match your sound etc then a single effect usually surpasses even the best multi unit, and yes that does matter.

I'm good at scuppering my very own arguments of course awaiting delivery of a Line 6 Bass POD XL Live. If I'm satisfied with it, as I expect to be, I'll probably have several fx for sale but my EBS Microbass II and Unicomp won't be amongst them, however good the Line 6 is.

Need I say anymore about EBS desirability imo?

Peter

as iv said, i am not sayin the boss's chorus or boss's octave soundss better than an ebs by any means, ebs are great pedals from what iv heard, all im sayin is its a strange move if the gt6b is all they have, which is likely, as the versitility of their setup is pretty much gone. this is all from experience, i sold my gt6b last month, n i now have a very respectable line-up of single effects :)

i glad i did not get involved in this one :) ..bassman kev your intitaled to your opinion but like steve said horses for courses.we are both pro musicans and both see advantages and disadvantages in both..this is a discussion so your fair to your opinion.but was a bit one way you could of resected we had done a deal....

Edited by ian

I'd trade 10 Boss GT6B's for an EBS pedal better to have 1 good effect than 15 or so mediocre to crap ones x10 :)

For all you know Kev the deal hasn't been finalised you might have still scuppered it, some times it's best to just say your thoughts out loud in your bedroom.

no way you were gonna scupper the deal. both ian and myself have definite ideas about our gear. ian wants a processor, i want to move to separate effects. the gt6b is a very good unit no doubt about that, but my head and ears want something else and ,for me, that is having separate boxes. the ability to choose an ebs chorus and then, say, a carl martin delayla or other top end effect rather than having all one make (boss for example) is what i want to do and ian has allowed me to start that process. thank you for that.
anyway deal is done, no more to say