Why become a member? ×

Shuker Jazz bass

oldslapper

In a chance meeting with another bass player, he offered me hi Shuker jazz bass with villex notch knob thing, for £500. It's immaculate as he is a collector and looks after his guitars.
I rather liked it's construction and the neck was very nice and I don't usually go for maple boards, but this was good. (Block fret markers were quite retro looking.
Anyway, is this good value? I have no idea, I don't really need another bass but it was very light compared to my 20 year old USA Jazz.
Any love for Shukers?

[quote name='oldslapper' post='968454' date='Sep 26 2010, 03:37 PM']In a chance meeting with another bass player, he offered me hi Shuker jazz bass with villex notch knob thing, for £500. It's immaculate as he is a collector and looks after his guitars.
I rather liked it's construction and the neck was very nice and I don't usually go for maple boards, but this was good. (Block fret markers were quite retro looking.
Anyway, is this good value? I have no idea, I don't really need another bass but it was very light compared to my 20 year old USA Jazz.
Any love for Shukers?[/quote]

that is [b]amazing [/b]value. And yup there is lots of love for Shuker around here. John doesn't advertise as such, most of his commisions are from word of mouth from happy punters.

Cool!
I bought a 6 string bass off him today, and whilst I was there he just got out all his basses and I had a play on them all.
Couple of Shukers, and some Fenders and he said if I knew anyone who fancied the Jazz it was £500 including the case....think I'll go back and bite his hand off (which won't be nice for him clearly, seeing how he's offered me a bargain... and he'll have to adjust his technique to compensate).
Thanks fellas,
John

[quote name='oldslapper' post='968502' date='Sep 26 2010, 04:13 PM']Cool!
I bought a 6 string bass off him today, and whilst I was there he just got out all his basses and I had a play on them all.
Couple of Shukers, and some Fenders and he said if I knew anyone who fancied the Jazz it was £500 including the case....think I'll go back and bite his hand off (which won't be nice for him clearly, seeing how he's offered me a bargain... and he'll have to adjust his technique to compensate).
Thanks fellas,
John[/quote]
I've had three and they were all great, it's a v good price, never seen one that cheap!

[quote name='Higgie' post='968570' date='Sep 26 2010, 05:26 PM']I have Shuker Jazz with the Villex system in it, which I paid £635 for, and I thought it was a BARGAIN at that price. Go back and buy it. Immediately.[/quote]

Ok, Ok, Ok stop going on.....I've got the message :lol: you lot are such nags.

The gentleman has been contacted and his hand well and truly chewed off. He is now auditioning for the Captain Hook part in local am dram Peter Pan production.
Should be collected end of this week, or next weekend.
I will post some pics up when in my grubbies.

Thanks for the info and posts, very helpful indeed. :)

John

[quote name='charic' post='969077' date='Sep 27 2010, 06:43 AM']Even if you don't like it you should be able to sell it for more I think :)

I think I've shot myself here on that one by saying how much I bought it for.... :)

Actually,
If you dont like it give me a PM I might swap my mim pbass :)[/quote]

That's very kind of you sir. :lol:

Ok, I'm having to put my money elsewhere (new amp and new fridge), so this Shuker is still available. I'll let the dude know I can't buy this. I'll also ask him if he wants to post it on here as it sounds like it will sell schnell.
I'm not interested in buying it, then selling on here.
John