Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Modulus 4FB - Silver Sparkle - SOLD SOLD

funkyspuke

It's finally time for me to let go of my first true love .. my Modulus Flea Bass!

I have had the Modulus bass for 7 years and it's been an awesome! it's turned heads at every gig I played and the sound is just something truely amazing ... maybe even too good haha. however, I have now moved on in style and sound with my Sadowsky and am hoping to add another VJ bass to my collection. I am now finding myself leaving the Modulus at home more and more. I think it's time it had a new home :)

Here is the spec;

22 fret, 34" scale carbon fiber bolt-on neck
White pearl pickguard
Chrome Hardwear
Silver Sparkle w/matching headstock
Bartolini MM Pickup
Aguilar active preamp w/ passive bass and treble

It comes with original hardcase (with my own added decorations as you will see from pictures :))

As it's over 7 years old, it's had it's bumps and knocks .. most noticeable is on the headstock where a small part of the silver sparkle has chipped off (bass dropped when strap came off). there are also a few small marks on the back of the neck that I have tried to capture, but hardly noticable and there are a few scuffs on the silver sparkle body .. but you can only slightly feel these rather than see them.

I am looking for £900 for this (taking into account the chipped headstock and the slow market at the moment) and will arrange courier for delivery. I am also open to trades and would be happy to consider any 4 string Sadowsky Metro, Modulus VJ, Lakeland, Sandberg .. just fire away :lol:

Here are pictures ... enjoy (remember, the chip on the headstock makes it authentic)

[attachment=59749:IMG_0388.JPG]
[attachment=59750:IMG_0381.JPG]
[attachment=59751:IMG_0383.JPG]
[attachment=59752:IMG_0379.JPG]
[attachment=59753:IMG_0392.JPG]
[attachment=59754:IMG_0394.JPG]

Edited by funkyspuke

[quote name='fretmeister' post='968283' date='Sep 26 2010, 12:18 PM']Damn! I'm seriously thinking about this...[/quote]

I'll take you out to dinner to convince you if you need :)

[quote name='Exile252' post='968287' date='Sep 26 2010, 12:21 PM']Don't think I'd be able to afford the 2000% apr :).

Though, if it were a 5 string, I'd be much more inclined :lol:[/quote]

who could afford that apr! madness

Darn, i'm looking to trade my brand new Sterling in for a modulus Flea,
i love this bass, too bad i don't really like this finish or i would be all over this,but i guess the silver sparkle would be a little out of place in a die hard groove-metal band... :lol:

have a bump on me anyway! :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='969529' date='Sep 27 2010, 02:43 PM']Darn, i'm looking to trade my brand new Sterling in for a modulus Flea,
i love this bass, too bad i don't really like this finish or i would be all over this,but i guess the silver sparkle would be a little out of place in a die hard groove-metal band... :)

have a bump on me anyway! :lol:[/quote]

what ya on about .. you would be the envy of every die hard broove metal band musician! :)

[quote name='Nell-E' post='975726' date='Oct 3 2010, 09:25 AM']Why oh why did I spend £800 on a 5 string $$ Streamer last month. I've been wanting a Flea bass for eons! My heart bleeds! :)[/quote]

why oh why didn't I just bite the bullet a month ago and put this up for sale then!!

have had lots of very interesting trade offers and one cash offer (although the lad has just stopped contacting me all of a sudden), but nothing firm as of yet!