Why become a member? ×

Barefaced compact for sale

gafbass02

After a slight change of plans I'm going to sell my barefaced compact. It's an earlier one I believe, not sure of the weight but I thinks it's something like 30lbs? It's in pretty much spot on nick. The only mark really is four spots where I used some sorbothane feet on my amp which left visible marks on the finish. The cab is just as awesome and immense as you've heard and has produced nothing but bemused and impressed comments !
It's currently with my guitard in Swindon but I'll try n get it back asap!
It's got a brand new roqsolid cover.

I'm after £320 collected please, as I can't drive (yet!) and thus posting is tricky.
I'm a bit short on pics but here's one of it under my midget t

Edited by gafbass02

When you say "posting is tricky", do you mean that it is definitely collection only? It would only cost about twenty quid to get it couriered....

You're a long way away from me, but if posting was an option I think I'd be interested!

It's not just the posting tbh as much as the packaging materials I'd have to either get to the cab, or the cab to. And then being in for a courier, it's not like I can drive it to work and get it collected from work hence the problem! I really shoulda learned to drive at 17 like everyone else!
If something can be worked out I'll let you know, but I honestly can't see how tbh

I don't I'm afraid, the cover is brand new, less than two weeks old, used once it's got White piping. Cause the cab is with my guitarist right now I can't snap one off I'm afraid dude.
Incdentally if anyone wants it and is able to collect from Swindon direct from my guitarist and this week I'll do it for £300 straight.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='969203' date='Sep 27 2010, 10:16 AM']I'm swapping it out for Andy's Bergantino AE210. I'm missing tens too much and I've always wanted a berg. I'm very excited indeed!![/quote]

Bloomin heck a swfit change....are you mixing that with the midget or using both at different times?

[quote name='gafbass02' post='969203' date='Sep 27 2010, 10:16 AM']I'm missing tens too much and I've always wanted a berg. I'm very excited indeed!![/quote]

It's interesting what you say about "missing tens" as according to all the Barefaced blurb, speakers of a certain size (diameter?) do not have a "sound". What exactly about the Compact do you not like? What is it about the tens that you miss? Just out of interest of course... :)

[quote name='gafbass02' post='969203' date='Sep 27 2010, 10:16 AM']I'm swapping it out for Andy's Bergantino AE210. I'm missing tens too much and I've always wanted a berg. I'm very excited indeed!![/quote]The LM and AE210 match up really well. Punchy as hell!!!

[quote name='sk8' post='969557' date='Sep 27 2010, 03:15 PM']the Berg Tens definitely gave a punchier sound that the compact in my limited experience.

AE210 10's definitely have 'a sound'[/quote]

+1

Despite what specs are published, a 2x10 with horn will always sound punchier and more defined than any 1x15 standalone.