Why become a member? ×

Epiphone EB-0 Limited Ed. Pelham Blue

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='960242' date='Sep 18 2010, 10:59 AM']I just wish they'd do a short scale EB3,with or without bolt neck.[/quote]

There's a 1960's reissue out at the minute in alpine white, ebony or cherry, the photos online show a long scale, but they arrived with a 30.5 scale, they sound and play wicked.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='960330' date='Sep 18 2010, 12:40 PM']There's a 1960's reissue out at the minute in alpine white, ebony or cherry, the photos online show a long scale, but they arrived with a 30.5 scale, they sound and play wicked.[/quote]

From your posts on the subject I deduct that you either own or work in a music shop, forget my inaccuracy in case I am wrong, but if it's so could you please tell me what the string spacing is on the EB-0
Thanks

[quote name='Delberthot' post='960354' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:14 PM']I think it was Digital Village I emailed about these a few days ago - they're not expecting them in for another 6-8 weeks

I'm having one I think

Now who was it at GAK that used to be on here that could do us a discount?[/quote]

Any cheaper and it would be made out of... tupperware, c'mon! :)

[u][size=3][b][url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/87315"]Click here![/url][/b][/size][/u]

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='960552' date='Sep 18 2010, 05:00 PM']Any cheaper and it would be made out of... tupperware, c'mon! :rolleyes:

[u][size=3][b][url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/87315"]Click here![/url][/b][/size][/u][/quote]

Nah, they only sound like they are made from Tuppaware :)

Jez

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='960347' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:07 PM']From your posts on the subject I deduct that you either own or work in a music shop, forget my inaccuracy in case I am wrong, but if it's so could you please tell me what the string spacing is on the EB-0
Thanks[/quote]

I'll measure it on Tuesday when i'm back in...

Very narrow at the top nut.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='960641' date='Sep 18 2010, 06:28 PM']I'll measure it on Tuesday when i'm back in...

Very narrow at the top nut.[/quote]

Tuesday??? That's not good enough, this is the internet we want info like yesterday!! If you were any one important in the shop you'd call one of your guitar dusters and get them to check it, ffsake! :rolleyes:

You must be the tea boy then, aye? tsk tsk...

Just teasing. Tues will be fine. Cheers :)

Hello Gents: I stumbled accross this thread when looking for a Gibson / Epiphone EB style Bass in Blue.

I am a Yank, and have not been able to find one of these in the USA. I inquired at Digital Village, and Andy Hopwood emailed the following reponse: "This won’t be coming in to stock anyway. To ensure you receive one in the soonest time, I would advise placing an order at the earliest opportunity. Delivery would be expected from Epiphone in about 6 weeks. If you’d like to proceed you can reach me on 01708 771 983." I have not yet contacted them back see if they can sell and ship to USA.

I contacted Gibson USA customer service directly last night, and they said some may be available through some Independent distributors in the US, but could not tell if any had shipped or when they would be available. The Gibson rep asked if I could get a serial number or Epiphone product ID off one of the basses and said that would really help us both in my search. If you could provide me with the serial number or Epiphone product identification number off of your bass when you get it in today, or if the other gent has some in stock where he works and could provide that information or (Even a purchase price to ship to USA, Florida zipcode 33487) that would be greatly appreciated. The Gibson rep did suggest that I try to buy one in the USA if possible since the Epiphone warranty is only good in the country of purchase.

I did see this bass listed at GAK and was able to put one in my shopping cart and tried to check out, but they did not have an option for purchase/shipping to USA. I don't know if they actually have one in stock, and I didn't call them yet since it was the middle of the night on your side of the pond.

Maybe these two UK leads will help one of you who would like to have one....

My purchase will be a gift for my son, his first bass, (I reserve playing rights). My son is somewhat red/green color blind, but he does see the color blue normally, so blue is naturally his favorite color. So any help any of you could provide will be greatly appreciated.

If you feel uncomfortable putting a serial number out here on the board, you can email direct at [email protected].

Thanks for allowing me to troll through and post on your board, and congratulations on getting a beautiiful bass!

Bud

Bass arrived yesterday dirty, scratched and as soon as i tried to adjust the bridge, one of the inserts started coming out.

Needless to say the offer of £20 discount wasn't enough as this was clearly the floor model so its going back.

Bugger, its really nice as well and I ain't going to be able to find another one.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='966717' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:11 PM']Bass arrived yesterday dirty, scratched and as soon as i tried to adjust the bridge, one of the inserts started coming out.

Needless to say the offer of £20 discount wasn't enough as this was clearly the floor model so its going back.

Bugger, its really nice as well and I ain't going to be able to find another one.[/quote]

Man that is a shame and shame on GAK for despatching a wrong'n.

(Not the first time, I once ordered a Jazz and received a Precision from them) :)