Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='budget bassist' post='334459' date='Nov 22 2008, 03:23 PM']Haha i'd like to see you do that with my ashdown MAG cabs, 30KG a piece!! my rig comes to about 70kg in total, and it's not even that big! :)[/quote]
Well, I had an SWR rig a couple of years ago, and after humping those hunks of lead up flights of stairs, I SWORE I'd buy a lighter rig.
So I know what you mean about Small box, big weight. ...and at a none too sprightly 48 I'm not exactly built for humping the heavy gear around these days.

The only problem is I took the approach that because it's half the weight, I can get twice as much! So the net is probably similar, but I have to make more journeys to move it around. Doh. I'm a buffoon.

But that's a very LOUD buffoon. :huh:

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='334688' date='Nov 23 2008, 02:11 AM']Ooooh There's some REALLY tasty stuff out there. Loving the TecAmp stack! And The EBS must be a beastly sounding rig too. What do those cabs have in them?[/quote]

Concerning the tecamp stack :

I use the little XS112 (8ohms) with my Puma for small gigs (to get a 250 W max power)
and the smaller S212 (4 ohms) in order to have 500 W power beside...

For bigger events, I don't need any material cause there's always stuff....( the most often ampeg + fridge 8x10 )
but I don't like the ampeg stuf... :)
I would like they use a badcat or badbull with the badcab !!!! but never..... :huh:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='334694' date='Nov 23 2008, 01:38 AM']The best type of buffoon! haha, bet your missus loves it :) I think most of the guys around here think exactly the same as you though :huh:[/quote]

Well... Therein lies the secret. I don't have a money sink. (Wife/Girlfriend/Significant other) 99.5% of my income is spent on the necessities in life, like bass gear and alcohol, ...and I squander the rest on food and rent.

[quote name='Finbar' post='335186' date='Nov 23 2008, 10:24 PM']What a great attitude. That's exactly like me at the moment. People ask things like 'you spent HOW much?', but... what else would I spend it on? I don't have any vices, virtually no bills... Life is great and gear filled :)[/quote]

Ditto!

There are two kinds of people in the world ....ones with LOTS of bass gear and others who get regular sex at home.

<I suspect there might be two other groups as well, ones that get all the bass gear and all the sex (but I believe them to be mythical creatures, with stars in their hair, and riding unicorns, probably)
...And the other group of unfortunates are bereft of gear AND sex. yes, pity them....
I think they're called 'Trainspotters' or 'Students', but I never actually saw such a wretched creature in the flesh.> :huh:

(sits back and waits for the sounds of Students stirring amid unwashed crockery, and empty takeaway cartons, with one purpose.... but then going back to sleep because they're still hung over and can't be bothered to protest right now)

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='d-basser' post='335551' date='Nov 24 2008, 03:06 PM']I am a student and I have solved those problems, girlfriend moves in: she removes the takeaway boxes and I get sex at home plus there is still an EBS head, an MTD and a Dingwall in my room... sex AND gear! sorted

oh and I ride a unicorn :)[/quote]

You've got an MTD?

Edited by Josh

Behold –

[attachment=16329:DSC01745edit.jpg]

My mighty Johnson “Standard 15B” 15W practise amp :brow: This is what I’ve started using at home instead of my full rig (Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and Epifani UL310).

Sounds like a fart in a can :)

[quote name='d-basser' post='335684' date='Nov 24 2008, 05:54 PM']only a Kingston Heir not a 'real' MTD, I reckoned that my 6 string Dingy was a little fancy for a punk band so I got a 5 string Heir[/quote]

Fair enough :).

Though I'm pretty sure the bassist of Streetlight Manifesto uses a 6, why not go against the grain? Or is it because they don't want to become Dream Theatre?

[quote name='d-basser' post='335551' date='Nov 24 2008, 03:06 PM']I am a student and I have solved those problems, girlfriend moves in: she removes the takeaway boxes and I get sex at home plus there is still an EBS head, an MTD and a Dingwall in my room... sex AND gear! sorted

oh and I ride a unicorn :)[/quote]

Oh man You're my hero! I'm so jealous. I hope you're not young too. Cos that's somethin' I aint getting back either. My youth.

Somebody kill me.