Why become a member? ×

q.o.t.s.a

danbowskill

anyone watch queens of the stone age on red button last night?
fantastic :) if only funds would have let me be there!!
a lush sound coming from the bassists rig and aray of hollow bass guitars,anyone catch the make of his stack?(looked like an ampeg,but wasnt)sounded sweet.

[quote name='danbowskill' post='938653' date='Aug 28 2010, 10:31 AM']anyone watch queens of the stone age on red button last night?
a lush sound coming from the bassists rig and aray of hollow bass guitars,anyone catch the make of his stack?(looked like an ampeg,but wasnt)sounded sweet.[/quote]
Yeah! Great stuff, I do love Q.O.T.S.A Saw them at Newcastle, think it was last year, they were great.

I was there. They sounded huge but the set seemed short. Then f-ing Guns 'n Roses kept us standing around for an hour.

The bass heads looked like two Ampegs to me, one a vintage thing, but I was a fair way back.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by misrule

Mumford & sons were incredible.
It's not really my cup of tea, but the crowd was heaving, and they were singing like i've never heard a crowd sing before.
The singer was visibly gobsmacked and did a good job of actually getting his words out to their biggest song (not sure what it's called).
All in all a nice sunny day festival set.

Pendulum were loud.

[quote name='butlerk02' post='938679' date='Aug 28 2010, 11:05 AM']Just in case anyone wants to watch it : )

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/artists/queensofthestoneage/"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readi...softhestoneage/[/url][/quote]
cool, thanks for that

[quote name='bluesparky' post='939132' date='Aug 29 2010, 01:22 AM']Mumford & sons were incredible.[/quote]
Folk is the new metal :) My nephew dragged me there but we couldn't get within viewing range. So we staggered back to QOTSA, where I'd have happily stayed :rolleyes:

Never listen to young people :lol:

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='danbowskill' post='938653' date='Aug 28 2010, 10:31 AM']anyone watch queens of the stone age on red button last night?
a lush sound coming from the bassists rig and aray of hollow bass guitars,anyone catch the make of his stack?(looked like an ampeg,but wasnt)sounded sweet.[/quote]

Epiphone Jack Cassidy was the nice sounding bass, the woolly one was a Gibson. The rig looked like one old SVT the other case looks like a rack with preamp/compressor & effects, two 8x10s. QOTSA were great. Pendulum were great too (but don't tell my daughter she will only say "told you so!!" :rolleyes: )

Edited by Sonic_Groove