Why become a member? ×

Lakland Hollowbody SOLD

JimmySims

I'm selling my candy apple red Lakland skyline hollowbody. Tip top condition with the original hard case and papers. Bought from the Bass Centre 4 years ago. Only ever gigged it a couple of times and recorded with it twice, so in near perfect condition. Strung with flat wounds for extra cool slippy motown fun. £750 ono offering it on here before I put it into the gallery on commission sale.

NOW IN THE GALLERY ON COMMISSION SALE FOR £800.00, CALL 020 7262 5458

Any questions? email away

Jimmy Sims

Edited by JimmySims

[quote name='JimmySims' post='935052' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:40 PM']I'm selling my candy apple red Lakland skyline hollowbody. Tip top condition with the original hard case and papers. Bought from the Bass Centre 4 years ago. Only ever gigged it a couple of times and recorded with it twice, so in near perfect condition. Strung with flat wounds for extra cool slippy motown fun. £750 ono offering it on here before I put it into the gallery on commission sale.

Any questions? email away

Jimmy Sims[/quote]

Ahem, bass for sale section. Also if you are on just to sell you might wanna swing by the introductions page. BTW Thats a lovely bass so good luck and welcome to the site.

[quote name='absolutpepper' post='935111' date='Aug 24 2010, 06:30 PM']Ahem, bass for sale section. Also if you are on just to sell you might wanna swing by the introductions page. BTW Thats a lovely bass so good luck and welcome to the site.[/quote]

Have I missed something? The OP joined over 2 years ago! :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='935232' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:47 PM']Have I missed something? The OP joined over 2 years ago! :lol: :)[/quote]

Stats said joined two years ago and has posted once. I wasnt having a go. Merely suggesting that its a good idea to make introductions :rolleyes:

As I said lovely bass and good luck with the sale.

Ok guys, you'll have to forgive me, I'm finding this thoroughly confusing; I thought I'd posted this to the basses for sale section, but it all went wrong and I'm not sure where its posted now! Help? I did join two years ago, but I've been a silent observer til now... Just not sure how much I have to say :)

As for introductions, I'm James/Jimmy Sims, I used to work at the bass centre from around 2000 to 2005. I made it to all three locations, London, Birmingham, Manchester and I helped move them into the Liverpool Street branch. I'm not there any more, I'm lucky enough to be able to just play for a living at the moment. I got this bass for a recording a few years ago, and much as I love it, I just don't use it anymore.

Its strung with Lakland brand flatwounds, I'm assuming they're just re-packaged GHS strings, but I have no conformation on that. I've taken some more photo's of it, and I'll try to post them up here, if anyone has any questions or wants other photos, please contact me.

Jimmy Sims

James used to help me waste time at the BC London branch when I should've been out working fixing copiers, top bloke! Good to see you here my man.

Nice looking bass, you and Nick are killing me with what you're offloading, if I hadn't just moved house I'd be pissing the Mrs off with an expanding bass collection.

Chris

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='935989' date='Aug 25 2010, 02:17 PM']Jimmy's actually a globe-trotting rock star but he's also very modest.
That bass is a killer; great price and you can't get them like this anymore.
Someone buy it!![/quote]

MORNING!!!

Well Lakland aren't the same firm anymore - there was a bit of a change of management last year - I believe Dan Lakin's no longer involved.
Most of the products are changing name; so in that respect what they make in the future will be different.
And, of course, there's the issue of the Bartolinis too.
Jimmy's bass is a killer though, regardless.

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='936250' date='Aug 25 2010, 06:57 PM']Well Lakland aren't the same firm anymore - there was a bit of a change of management last year - I believe Dan Lakin's no longer involved.
Most of the products are changing name; so in that respect what they make in the future will be different.
And, of course, there's the issue of the Bartolinis too.
Jimmy's bass is a killer though, regardless.[/quote]
According to the Lakland Owners Group forum, Dan Lakin is going to be working for (and revamping) Harmony Guitars.

Nicce bass, although I'd prefer it with Dark Stars or Chisonics myself.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='Nickytwister' post='936250' date='Aug 25 2010, 06:57 PM']Well Lakland aren't the same firm anymore - there was a bit of a change of management last year - I believe Dan Lakin's no longer involved.
Most of the products are changing name; so in that respect what they make in the future will be different.[/quote]
There was a lot of discussion of this one on TB (you may already know). After all the fuss died down, it seemed to me that the consensus was that Lakland would carry on being a great company (both the products, and the after-service, not that that affects us much over here). Based on the fact that the new main man (whose name I forget) has been a business associate of Dan Lakins for some time, and before that, a freind (back to early teens I think).

So yeah, there will be people who will claim that the Lakin-era basses are special in the same way that pre-CBS fenders are special, but there doesn't seem much grounds for that at the moment (unless you're really particular about your bass being christened 'Bob Glaub' versus 44-64 or whatever it is now).

Which leaves us with .... Yes, it's special because of the barts :)

Andy

Take it easy fella.
I didn't say Laklands were going to be worse.
John Pirruccello is the guy who's looking after the company now; he's a good bloke.
I used to import Lakland for the UK direct and after that I distributed them too.
They're great basses; Jimmy's is a great example.
It's immaculate, it's used and it's a good price.
Well worth buying.

Edited by Nickytwister

Hey, I've never pretended to be anything but a total fool. I stand by my dancing :)

[quote name='merello' post='939385' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:54 PM']Got a shot of one of these in the old Sound Control in Glasgow and it was a peach.

Mind you, Jimmie should be banned for sartorial piracy!

:rolleyes:[/quote]