Why become a member? ×

Lakland Hollowbody SOLD

JimmySims

[quote name='JimmySims' post='939425' date='Aug 29 2010, 04:15 PM']Hey, I've never pretended to be anything but a total fool. I stand by my dancing :)[/quote]
I'll delete the post for 3 Mika tickets or a bottle or Irn Bru next time you're in Glasgow! :rolleyes:
Best of luck with the sale - it's a cracker!

Edited by merello

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Apologies for the late reply; I've been on holiday and trying not to think about computers, let alone getting on the internet :)

The bass weighs roughly 9lbs, its very comfortable to wear, I do have shoulder issues but this one has never given me any hassle.

Jimmy Sims

[quote name='dub' post='939616' date='Aug 29 2010, 08:30 PM']What weight is the bass?[/quote]

Wow, that's a tough call... I don't mean to sit on the fence, but it feels like a slim p-bass or a wide jazz... I had a 62 reissue jazz a few years ago and its not unlike that; slightly wider and flatter than a 70's jazz. Hope that helps?

Jimmy

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='949534' date='Sep 8 2010, 02:48 PM']Hi Jimmy,

Would you say the neck was more like a Precision or a Jazz in feel/dimensions?[/quote]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='950463' date='Sep 9 2010, 12:08 PM']Go for it Ad, I really want to borrow that bass ...[/quote]

Even when it's got roundwounds on it and it's covered in scratches and Brentford stickers?

And don't try to lure me into you and Clarky's game of pass the bass parcel. I'm not playing....

Guys guys! Don't fight; why don't you buy it together? One can have it on weekdays and one on weekends? :)

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='950509' date='Sep 9 2010, 12:40 PM']Even when it's got roundwounds on it and it's covered in scratches and Brentford stickers?

And don't try to lure me into you and Clarky's game of pass the bass parcel. I'm not playing....[/quote]

I've got it's sunburst brother since two years. This is a keeper. Fat and rich sound with flats or rounds (the sound samples on the Lakland website are easy to reproduce). Slapping between fingerboard and neck PU is somewhat difficult but otherwise great handling and very comfortable on stage. The body is light but huge !

Get it, you will not regret it.