Why become a member? ×

New one on me....

Bilbo

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='105269' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:49 AM']Don't know these guys but a great electric jazz trio - Great 6-string bass solo & the drummer is beautiful.

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=3-yRFpzfodY"]
Click here!
[/url]

Enjoy[/quote]

Good one..!

Very nice.

Garry

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='105269' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:49 PM']Don't know these guys but a great electric jazz trio - Great 6-string bass solo & the drummer is beautiful.[/quote]

The group is Brazilian, the name is Nosso Trio, with Ney Conceição on bass, Kiko Freitas on drums and Nelson Faria on guitar. I agree, beautiful music and impressive playing!
See also here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3408&hl=nosso+trio"]Nosso trio[/url]

seen these guys before! love the playing, its all very tasteful!!
the bassist is really hooked up on his own thing! not sure if i enjoyed the slapping?
his playing does inspire me to go order a fodera!!! the tone beautiful!!!
One day when i have to retire my warwick! (6-10 years maybe)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='theosd' post='105439' date='Dec 17 2007, 05:22 PM']Does the drummer remind anyone else of Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead, Spaced)??[/quote]
He looks like a cross twixt Nick Frost & Rolf Harris. "Tie me six-stringer down mate!"

Impressive playing nontheless.

there was a time when I'd have been blown away by that and I aspired to that level of facility (I don't have it) now I'm nearing old fartdom I'm not really reached by it. For me the balance between ability and emotion/feel is too heavily weighted to ability, urgo use for uses (not musicality's) sake
I think they are all great musicians and admire their obvoius dedication, and I can see, and have no problem with why others really dig it...
But not for me, sorry Bilbo

Jake

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='105269' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:49 AM']& the drummer is beautiful.[/quote]

<sigh> why can't we just appreciate players for what they have to say instead of how they look. So shallow........... oh......... sorry............... I'll get my coat...............