Why become a member? ×

GK 700RB II - 115

stewartmusic

Hey everyone!

Unfortunately for me I'm selling my GK 700RB MkII that I bought from "Vipa" in early Feb of this year. Fortunately for you its a fantastic amp and a very reasonable price of [b]£300 ono[/b]

The amp is in great working condition and sounds like a cannon with the bottom B or a double bass. It has a great Bi-amp built in and I couldn't be happier with the sound!

I paid £300 all in (inc travel) to get this amp in Jan and would like to, if possible, make my money back as it is still in the great condition I got it in from Paul and I'm pretty sure that was a great deal as they still retail from [i]GAK for £790!![/i]

I have it in Edinburgh just now, will be in Glasgow later in the week and willing to move it via train for the ticket fee (i have a railcard so usually fairly cheap and I don't throw things around as much as a courier!!! :)

The only reason I'm selling this amp is because I'm a student without a car and use a lot of public transport to get to and from gigs and when I'm doubling and taking this amp the taxi drivers aren't that nice!!

Im looking for a quick sale as I have my eye on a PJB amp so please send me your PM's fast!! no silly offers though :rolleyes: Please help before I send it to the depths of FleaBay

Thanks,

Dara

P.s i also have an Ibanez for sale in the Bass thread and would crack a deal with the two for £370, the bass is selling for £100???

[quote name='stewartmusic' post='924635' date='Aug 14 2010, 08:18 AM']Hey everyone!

Unfortunately for me I'm selling my GK 700RB MkII that I bought from "Vipa" in early Feb of this year. Fortunately for you its a fantastic amp and a very reasonable price of [b]£300 ono[/b]

The amp is in great working condition and sounds like a cannon with the bottom B or a double bass. It has a great Bi-amp built in and I couldn't be happier with the sound!

I paid £300 all in (inc travel) to get this amp in Jan and would like to, if possible, make my money back as it is still in the great condition I got it in from Paul and I'm pretty sure that was a great deal as they still retail from [i]GAK for £790!![/i]

I have it in Edinburgh just now, will be in Glasgow later in the week and willing to move it via train for the ticket fee (i have a railcard so usually fairly cheap and I don't throw things around as much as a courier!!! :)

The only reason I'm selling this amp is because I'm a student without a car and use a lot of public transport to get to and from gigs and when I'm doubling and taking this amp the taxi drivers aren't that nice!!

Im looking for a quick sale as I have my eye on a PJB amp so please send me your PM's fast!! no silly offers though :rolleyes: Please help before I send it to the depths of FleaBay[/quote]

[quote name='andy67' post='926716' date='Aug 16 2010, 06:03 PM']What kind of small amp are you thinking of?

I have an Ashdown 515 minirig I would trade with some cash your way??

andy[/quote]

Hey andy,

Im actually think more along the likes of the phil jones amps, i recently tried a flightcase from a local guitar shop and loved it. The mini rig looks good but unfortunately its bigger dosent have enough power for what im looking for.

Sorry,

thanks anyway!!

Dara

I loved it. Just sold it because I was getting severe back pain lifting it up two flights of steps at 2am on a Sunday morning. It's a very versatile and honest amp and if they made a neo/lightweight version I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I have no experience with the combo but the GK heads are amazing - it won't get dirty, saturated overdrive but you get a very musical dirty sound that is still very clear - hard to explain, you really need to hear one. They're designed to be virtually ikpossible to get a bad sound from them.

As far as the price goes - the 700RB II amps on their own normally go for at least £300 on their own so this is a bargain.

• 2 months later...

Hey Thom,

Yes you are absolutely right. It is the Kick back, 1x15 combo with the 700 RB MkII head. Retail on GAK for £790....It is a crime but unfortunately it is the way it is :) The head its self even goes for £500+ so this as a combo for £275 is a really big steal!!! but nobody seems to notice that just now :)

Hopefully will get some bites from putting the thread back to the top-ish of the list!

Dara

[quote name='stewartmusic' post='1013214' date='Nov 5 2010, 12:49 PM']Hey jon, it would be possible to get it to Edinburgh sometime in the next 2 weeks depending on how soon you wanted it :) and for the small fee of £275 + Train fare :)[/quote]
Lets just say I'm very, very interested - if this had been the 2x10 I would've been all over it back in August. No tearing hurry - I've been looking for a new rig for the last year or so.

I do have transport and could certainly come & collect but I have to consider the cost of a 100 mile round trip in a 2.8 turbodiesel 4x4 tank!

Will PM you shortly.

J.