Why become a member? ×

Jaco Pastorius Tribute Bass - For Sale !!

Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' post='924735' date='Aug 14 2010, 09:54 AM']here's a snap shot from the Fender site where it states quite emphatically its a Tribute bass![/quote]

Shonk, There's no such official series as the "Tribute" series made by Fender. Go to the Fender site and there's no "Tribute" icon/link to click on. You're misinterpreting the words as used by Fender. When it says "tribute" Fender is generally referring to models that have been drawn from other series, and are designs "inspired by" or "in honour of", ie a tribute to a particular player or player's instrument, but not necessarily faithful reproductions.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='noelk27' post='924854' date='Aug 14 2010, 01:20 PM']Shonk, There's no such official series as the "Tribute" series made by Fender. Go to the Fender site and there's no "Tribute" icon/link to click on. You're misinterpreting the words as used by Fender. When it says "tribute" Fender is generally referring to models that have been drawn from other series, and are designs "inspired by" or "in honour of", ie a tribute to a particular player or player's instrument, but not necessarily faithful reproductions.[/quote]
I'm just repeating whats on the Fender site - they say its a Tribute series bass, and you its not

and anyway - so what ?

directly paste and copied from the Fender site :

[b]T(XXXXXX) Tribute series instruments[/b]
C(XXXXXX) Collectors Series
XN(XXXXX) FSRs and '52 Teles

[attachment=56608:serial_num_copy.jpg]

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='gareth' post='924925' date='Aug 14 2010, 03:00 PM']I thought you wanted £800?

Here [url="http://www.gumtree.com/london/66/63888866.html"]http://www.gumtree.com/london/66/63888866.html[/url][/quote]
after all this ag' I want £900 :)

[quote name='Rayman' post='925016' date='Aug 14 2010, 05:15 PM']Great thread, I'm fascinated to know where it will end up.

Good luck with the sale Shonks.[/quote]
think its gonna end up with me selling my Mex freless and keeping this just to spite them all!! :)

[quote name='Machines' post='925020' date='Aug 14 2010, 05:17 PM']Shonks, let me know if you want this thread removed and then you can post a new one with the correct info and none of the debating :).[/quote]
hey, its up to you. If its removed I'll sell elsewhere if i decide to carry on with the sale.
as long as everyone realises there is no intentional misrepresentation going on here.
The original post was modified to be as far as I'm concerned true and honest, but i think most of them out there didn't read the edit.

[quote name='Shonks' post='925007' date='Aug 14 2010, 05:05 PM']I'm just repeating whats on the Fender site - they say its a Tribute series bass, and you its not

and anyway - so what ?

directly paste and copied from the Fender site :

[b]T(XXXXXX) Tribute series instruments[/b]
C(XXXXXX) Collectors Series
XN(XXXXX) FSRs and '52 Teles

[attachment=56608:serial_num_copy.jpg][/quote]

Brilliant, what you will realise Shonks is after a while here, the tire kicking anoraks hijack threads and take the greatest of pleasure in trying to belittle new members and any minute incorrect detail.
You will still get arguments because remember they will know better than Fender!

Good luck whatever you decide to do with it.

Basebass

[quote name='BaseBass' post='925030' date='Aug 14 2010, 05:30 PM']Brilliant, what you will realise Shonks is after a while here, the tire kicking anoraks hijack threads and take the greatest of pleasure in trying to belittle new members and any minute incorrect detail.
You will still get arguments because remember they will know better than Fender!

Basebass[/quote]
Which banned member* are you Basebass! On topic, good luck with sale Shonks but I would start a new FS thread if I were you

* Joined BC today :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='925040' date='Aug 14 2010, 05:34 PM']Which banned member* are you Basebass! On topic, good luck with sale Shonks but I would start a new FS thread if I were you

* Joined BC today :rolleyes:[/quote]
I know who it is and have contacted their original account (not banned) :).

I think in the interests of fairness and in order to prevent any further misrepresentation, the sale thread for this bass should at least be preserved in whole. Even if someone does buy the bass, at least they can review what is written here about the bass, ensuring they are fully informed of the "story" behind the bass!

And I say this as someone who was interested in buying the bass until I discovered the relicing wasn't original, and on closer inspection of the pictures, not to my...tastes, shall we say.

[quote name='BaseBass' post='925030' date='Aug 14 2010, 05:30 PM']Brilliant, what you will realise Shonks is after a while here, the tire kicking anoraks hijack threads and take the greatest of pleasure in trying to belittle new members and any minute incorrect detail.

Basebass[/quote]

:)

blimey - what a carry on! :lol:

ooh er misses wanna buy a bass? :lol:

i mean a fish - cant you smell it? :lol:

that's not a fish, its an Artist..... :)

no its not...its a Tribute fish... :lol:

i can tell cos the fishmonger that cut it up works at McFisheries custom shop :rolleyes:

ooh you liar!!..... :lol:

you are are awful....but I like you :lol:

[quote name='Chris2112' post='925056' date='Aug 14 2010, 06:03 PM']I think in the interests of fairness and in order to prevent any further misrepresentation, the sale thread for this bass should at least be preserved in whole. Even if someone does buy the bass, at least they can review what is written here about the bass, ensuring they are fully informed of the "story" behind the bass!

And I say this as someone who was interested in buying the bass until I discovered the relicing wasn't original, and on closer inspection of the pictures, not to my...tastes, shall we say.[/quote]

yeah - that was a near thing - you might have ended up with a £1500 bass for half the price.
How lucky was that!! :)

[quote name='Shonks' post='925097' date='Aug 14 2010, 07:10 PM']yeah - that was a near thing - you might have ended up with a £1500 bass for half the price.
How lucky was that!! :)[/quote]

Given that the relicing is...aftermarket...I'm not sure it would have been quite worth that, to me anyway. For someone else, perhaps...

Basebass[/quote]

Let's not forget that the OP was trying to pass this off as a Custom Shop and offered several varying accounts of how he came by it (now edited). You talk of belittling new members; if anything, the discussion above would help a new member who might have been misled (the OP has been a member for three years). Given that it's pretty much done and dusted in real terms, I find it's he OP's attitude to the situation that's perpetuating this antagonism, nothing more

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='925113' date='Aug 14 2010, 07:22 PM']Let's not forget that the OP was trying to pass this off as a Custom Shop and offered several varying accounts of how he came by it (now edited). You talk of belittling new members; if anything, the discussion above would help a new member who might have been misled (the OP has been a member for three years). Given that it's pretty much done and dusted in real terms, I find it's he OP's attitude to the situation that's perpetuating this antagonism, nothing more

Chris[/quote]
if thats what you reckon - i'll have the whole removed then - np

I'll lock this thread and let it drop through the forum, i'm going to leave it here for any potential buyers to look at if they choose to check the sellers history.

Shonks, I suggest you wait a few days and repost, I just hope the next thread doesn't get to [s]5[/s] 6 pages :).