Why become a member? ×

Clarky's punk band Kismetik play Gosport Punkfest Sat 21 Aug

Clarky

Hi all - Kismetik are on mid-evening at the annual Gosport Punkfest on Saturday 21st August, down on the South Coast.

Classic original punks the UK Subs are headlining (remember 'Stranglehold', 'Down on the farm' etc). The event takes place at the Gosport Rugby Club and other bands include Night of Treason, Trash Cat, Refuse All, DJ Vinnie Void, plus others

Would be good if any South Coast BC'ers could pop along and I could [s]bribe them with[/s] buy them a beer!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='molan' post='920694' date='Aug 10 2010, 02:44 PM']Gonna use the Willie Weeks - go on, you know you want to. . .[/quote]
Wouldn't dare Barrie :)

Think the stealth black Alembic may get its first punk gig airing - not sure the audience will spot that its not a regulation Fender, plus its slightly dinged already so I'm not antsy about it getting knocked around

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='920741' date='Aug 10 2010, 03:53 PM']I'm sorry Clarky, but WHAT? You're going to play a punk gig on an Alembic?

I'll be sure to light a candle for you at the Sid Vicious Shrine & Souvenir Shop ...[/quote]

A friend of mine is on the road in the southern states of the USA with a full on country outfit - he's playing an Alembic too, possibly his Mark King signature :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='920741' date='Aug 10 2010, 02:53 PM']I'm sorry Clarky, but WHAT? You're going to play a punk gig on an Alembic?

I'll be sure to light a candle for you at the Sid Vicious Shrine & Souvenir Shop ...[/quote]
Was thinking of borrowing your smoking jacket and cravat for the gig too, Jack :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='920699' date='Aug 10 2010, 02:49 PM']Think the stealth black Alembic may get its first punk gig airing - not sure the audience will spot that its not a regulation Fender[/quote]

They will if I'm in the audience, spotted this a bit late but I'll try and negotiate with Mrs D

For Happy Jack's benefit ( :) ) here is a link to a pic of us playing the Punkfest this evening, with me playing an Alembic [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22&pid=932345&st=1440&#entry932345"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry932345[/url]

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='932370' date='Aug 22 2010, 12:02 AM']Right. I warned you. (Adopts Basil Fawlty voice) You're out of the Precision club!

PS: Looks like a Yamaha anyway :)[/quote]
How very dare you! My other three basses are Precisions :rolleyes: