Why become a member? ×

EUB Blondie

scojack

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='963375' date='Sep 21 2010, 02:57 PM']Any progress? I can't wait to see this finished.[/quote]

Hiya Gareth,

Just been finish sanding / scraping lately so it just looks the same TBH just smoother ...so i havent posted any updates.
Will get some time this weekend so i will [i]hopefully[/i] get the first coat of sander sealer on.

Waiting on a set of 1/2 scale DB strings before I drill the body holes just to make sure I get them in the correct position.

IanM

• 1 month later...

Got some strings on, was dying to try this out....... especially the goncalo alves FB.
Must say its absolutely sweet :) No unwanted buzzes !
The shorter scale length (38") feels much more comfortable for me, the 42" scale is a bit of a fight by comparison.
Coming from an electric bass background this is a much easier transition to the upright.
Tried the transducer under the bridge too and it sounds fantastic (much better than i thought it might)
Pretty happy all round.

Just got to lacquer now ....

Thanks folks :)
Long -- I do a full scale drawing first then work from that. Dont just look at them bits of wood ... get whittlin' :)
I'll add some better photos once its lacquered but its a bit cold out in the shed for this at the mo'.
Working on a stand now. Im going to try and do something the bass can sit in and be raised up to playing height, i dont fancy the solution of screwing on a backplate arrangement to fix direct to a stand. Dunno though see how this goes first...

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='scojack' post='908724' date='Jul 28 2010, 09:52 PM']38" Electric Upright this time ...
Im going to use some type of piezo pups on this one.

Figured Sycamore Body

Goncalo Alves FB
Was a real task planing this stuff, think it will go well with the Sycamore.

Maple Neck/Scroll

This is where im up to now ....

[/quote]
yea, that goncalo alves is the hardest thing i've come up against. did you get this piece off ebay by any chance? there was a lot on there for a while. alas, it seems to be all gone now.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1140450' date='Feb 24 2011, 09:13 PM']Did this get it's final finish... Or are we still waiting for warm weather?

Shep[/quote]

Nope, not yet....
Its for my own use so no great rush, i'll miss having it around though.
Busy starting a wee BG project which i'll probably end up doing first.

I'll post some pics when its done

IanM