Why become a member? ×

*sold* please delete

Geoff

I am selling my Sandberg JM4, which was made for me last September. The serial number is 9324 and the specs are as below;

NECK
6 x bolted / canadian hardrock maple

FRETBOARD
22 frets

SCALE
864 mm / 34"

BODY OPTIONS
matt finish: european ash

HARDWARE sandberg

PICKUP 1 Delano J-style / 1 Delano M-style humbucker / PU-split

PREAMP Sandberg 2-band, active / passive, passive tone control

WEIGHT ~4Kg or just under 9lbs

This bass is as NEW, there are literally no marks I can see on it, as I recieved it fresh from the Sandberg factory last September for a band which then got messed over by a label a few months later. This means the bass has been sat in its case for most of the time and it deserves to get out there and get played.

This bass sounds extremely good and because of the J and M pickups, you can pretty much dial in any sound you need. It sounded amazing when I used it for recording, but its just a shame it wont get used.

Photo's are below;

[attachment=56039:RIMG0542.JPG]
[attachment=56040:RIMG0543.JPG]
[attachment=56041:RIMG0544.JPG]
[attachment=56042:RIMG0546.JPG]
[attachment=56043:RIMG0547.JPG]
[attachment=56044:RIMG0550.JPG]

This is the bass having the finishing touches done in the Sandberg factory.

[attachment=55061:P1000159.JPG]

This was £1250 brand new and as this is in such good condition I will be looking for [b]£750[/b] O.N.O (UK shipping included). It comes with the Sandberg gig bag that is sent out with these basses.

I am looking to change my rig for a lightweight option, so i'm interested in Markbass, Genz Benz and the Orange Terror amps, plus £250 my way. Make me an offer anyway!

I am willing to deliver within a reasonable distance, as I dont want it getting knocked about in transport. Reply here or PM me if you are interested or have any questions!

Thanks,

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

[quote name='andykelly' post='906367' date='Jul 26 2010, 09:53 PM']Wow...
How much would shipping be in the UK? I live the other side of Oxford, a fair old drive from Peterborough.[/quote]

Hi, I think shipping would be around the £50 mark, depending which courier I use. I'll have to check when im home for a exact quote though.

[quote name='sunfish' post='906385' date='Jul 26 2010, 10:03 PM']Hi
What is the weight of this bass?
What is the width at the nut?
Cheers[/quote]

Hey, im at work at the moment, but off the top of my head the nut width is 38mm and i'll have to check the weight when I get home.

Edited by Geoff

[quote name='Geoff' post='906692' date='Jul 27 2010, 09:09 AM']Hi, I think shipping would be around the £50 mark, depending which courier I use. I'll have to check when im home for a exact quote though.

Hey, im at work at the moment, but off the top of my head the nut width is 38mm and the weight is ~2kg[/quote]
Lovely bass, good luck with the sale - I think you might want to double check that weight though, 4.5lbs is pretty light for any bass let alone a Sandberg :)

[quote name='Legion' post='906697' date='Jul 27 2010, 09:23 AM']Lovely bass, good luck with the sale - I think you might want to double check that weight though, 4.5lbs is pretty light for any bass let alone a Sandberg :)[/quote]

Yep, teaches me for posting at work as I scanned the net for a weight and wasnt thinking haha Cheers for the heads up.

Bloody typical as i was crying out for a Blackburst JM4 a couple of months ago, and just brought a MIA jazz so not got any funds left.

Good luck with the sale, maybe ill get ti next time.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Geoff' post='907402' date='Jul 27 2010, 06:05 PM']Cheers Fraff! This bass is the mutts.

I just checked the weight and it is 12kg.

AndyKelly, looking on Parcelforce, shipping from Peterborough to Oxford would be £40.[/quote]
I doubt it weighs 12kg! That would be over 25 lb and would make a late 70s Fender seem a featherweight :)

This isnt going very well haha I dont actually have any scales at my place and had to search on the net for the weight of the Sandberg. Shipping weight came up as that, but I could be (and will probably be proven) wrong.

Even if im not any good, this bass is!

• 2 weeks later...