Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Rebelhead RH450

NoLogic69

Hi there,

I have eventually managed to get my hands on a used RH450 for a great price!
The thing that's bothering me is that the preset buttons, shift and mute buttons have all got cracks across them. The shift button has actually split in two parts. They still sit in the amp securely and work as they should, but the plastic is obviously defective. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Most importantly, can it be rectified.

I would really appreciate any help that can be given.

Cheers guys,

Mario.

Edited by NoLogic69

[quote name='NoLogic69' post='906080' date='Jul 26 2010, 05:26 PM']Hi there,

The thing that's bothering me is that the preset buttons, shift and mute buttons have all got cracks across them. The shift button has actually split in two parts. They still sit in the amp securely and work as they should, but the plastic is obviously defective. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Most importantly, can it be rectified.

Cheers guys,

Mario.[/quote]

Sounds like sub standard build quality.
Is it still under warranty?

[quote name='NoLogic69' post='906080' date='Jul 26 2010, 05:26 PM']Hi there,

Cheers guys,

Mario.[/quote]

Yep, I had [i]exactly[/i] the same problem. Took it back to Mark at Bass Direct, where I'd bought it from, who got on the phone to TC when I was in the shop, as they were quite sceptical, to tell them that the problem was precisely as I'd described on the phone. If it's still under warranty take it back to the shop and get it changed - Mark changed mine without any problem. If it's not I'd write to/contact TC anyway (and you're welcome to refer to my amp being returned to Bass Direct) as this has happened with others before and they should have now identified it as a defective or substandard part in the manufacturing process. Even on my replacement amp there are hairline cracks across a couple of the buttons. They don't seem to be getting any worse but I'm keeping a close eye on them all the same.

If there's any other RH450 users out there who haven't already done so I'd seriously suggest you have a VERY close look at your amp to see whether the buttons have the same problem. Best of luck, Mario.

Mark

Sorry, Mario - just noticed you picked your RH450 second hand; I don't know if that means the guarantee is no longer vaild, even if it is within the guarantee period. My advice - contact TC directly then and see what they have to say. I can't believe it's difficult to swap the damaged buttons but I guess you might need to return it to a dealer? I've not had any dealings with TC myself but they give the impression of being reasonable people to deal with.

Mark

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='906174' date='Jul 26 2010, 06:37 PM']Sorry, Mario - just noticed you picked your RH450 second hand; I don't know if that means the guarantee is no longer vaild, even if it is within the guarantee period. My advice - contact TC directly then and see what they have to say. I can't believe it's difficult to swap the damaged buttons but I guess you might need to return it to a dealer? I've not had any dealings with TC myself but they give the impression of being reasonable people to deal with.

Mark[/quote]

Cheers Mark,

The guy I got it from swears it's had an easy life. Apart from the buttons it looks brand new. I'm sort of glad in a way it's a known fault as I might get some joy from TC.
Thanks,

Mario.

[quote name='molan' post='906344' date='Jul 26 2010, 09:24 PM']Just checked mine and it's immaculate :)[/quote]
i thought mine were ok until i put my glasses on :rolleyes:

found each button has the very faintest line,not a crack, but only on one half,..looks like a join maybe
Also noticed mine do wobble about a bit,anyone else find this.

Mine wobble a bit but I think that's just the hole being slightly wider than the button (which, of course, it needs to be!). I had the same problem as Mario with my first RH450 - one of the buttons more or less disintegrated around the LED in the centre. The others all had cracks in that ranged from hairline to more obvious. It was an irritation more than anything, and didn't actually affect the working of the amp, though I suppose it might have done if I'd let it progress to any of the buttons actually falling apart!

You know what I took a much closer look outside in daylight and found the same thing - glad you brought this up. Very very slight hairline cracks in most of the buttons. I will contact Daz tomorrow and see if a replacement is in order.

[quote name='Legion' post='909536' date='Jul 29 2010, 07:13 PM']You know what I took a much closer look outside in daylight and found the same thing - glad you brought this up. Very very slight hairline cracks in most of the buttons. I will contact Daz tomorrow and see if a replacement is in order.[/quote]

I just checked mine and 1 of the buttons has a join line but no actual hairline crack and/or real crack.

Hopefully Im not going to find the problem occurs later down the line.

Let me know what Darren thinks, cheers.

• 4 weeks later...