Why become a member? ×

Stick it in with the Sunday Roast!!

Soulman

Reading the blurb it sounds like they are describing "kiln drying", it's been around for years, it mearly dreduces the seasoning time of fresh cut timber.
It is usually thought to be inferior to natural or "air dried" timber. I'd be intrigued to know if the brown colour shown is the result of their process, kiln drying dosen't (as far as I know) affect the colour. It's interesting to note that their blurb dosen't say that the process gives that nice golden brown colour, I suspect that it's an applied finish.
Look nice, probably does the job, IMO it's way of making a routine cost saving opperation into a bonus for the customer.

Hmm,could be a process like that used to make a product called Thermowood(I sell it).
Timber is exposed to high temperature steam which causes the cells to 'die',making the timber highly resistant to rot or fungal attack,and also approx 15-20% more stable.

[quote name='lee4' post='903541' date='Jul 23 2010, 08:30 PM']Hmm,could be a process like that used to make a product called Thermowood(I sell it).
Timber is exposed to high temperature steam which causes the cells to 'die',making the timber highly resistant to rot or fungal attack,and also approx 15-20% more stable.[/quote]

That's it exactly I'd say. What it does for a guitar though who knows....? Maybe deep frying will be the next big thing!! :)