Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Jack Casady Signature £425 ono (NEW PICS!)

OutToPlayJazz

[b][size=4][font="Comic Sans MS"]This bass is now **SOLD**, subject to the usual... Many thanks for all the insterest, guys.
[/font][/size]
[/b]
[size=5][font="Comic Sans MS"]**UPDATE**
[/font][/size]

[size=3][font="Verdana"]The Funkmeister fretless super-Jazz is now under offer from a potential new owner, so I've done some new and better pics of the Epiphone Jack Casady. I gigged this bass yesterday & I'm not really sure I should sell it. It's that nice! Once again, the price is £425 ono including official Epiphone hard case.

Call me on 07545 471037 if you need any further details.

Rich.
[/font][/size]
The Epiphone Jack Casady is actually a faithful reproduction of a little known Gibson bass produced between 1972 & 1979, the Gibson Les Paul Signature Bass. This bass comes complete with brand new Thomastik Jazz 43-100 flats and sounds fantastic. Sound-wise, if you use rounds this bass sounds like a more hifi Precision - The single pickup is really good. On flats, you can get a seriously double bassy sound. The 50/250/500k impedance switch gives some interesting options, too. Very smooth and vintage on 50, nice and balanced/punchy on 250 and seriously nasty and mids-overload on 500k. There's some very slight swirl scratches on the back, but as you know, polished mahogany scratches if you so much as look at it! - Overall condition is excellent and it otherwise looks like a brand new bass. Comes complete with official Epiphone case. £425 ono.

I'm not looking for trades on this, as I'm really wanting to buy the mint Status S2000 on the for sale board. Help me out here...

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Hi Rich.
are you after That ('87) '2000 that we've both seen?
same as my one, but less road worn?
I want it as well,
but cant explain to Mrs W why!!
ATB
& I hope you get it!
(if I'm right)
W

read your orginal post properly!
you're getting that bass, 'aint cha?

Edited by witterth

These look like some fantastic basses, and Rich is one of the best guys you could ever hope to deal with, so don't hesitate if what he's offering takes your fancy!

That fretless looks lovely rich, if I was in the market for another, it'd be that one!

Thanks for all the kind words, guys - Let's hope I can pull off a couple of sales before the S2000 gets bought by someone else! :)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='897983' date='Jul 18 2010, 12:32 PM']That JC is a good'un

I'm interested in how you rate it's set up as I did it and would like to think I know what I'm doing, feel free to shoot me down[/quote]

No need to shoot you down, mate :rolleyes: It was fine for the strings that were on it at the time. Now I've lessened the string gauges to 43-100 flats it just needed a slight tighten on the trussrod and a little lowering. Just adjustments to personal taste, really.

[quote name='Mike' post='897992' date='Jul 18 2010, 12:46 PM']Nice basses - and pics! Were you using a 50mm prime lens, by any chance?[/quote]

I don't know - It's just the standard one that comes on the Mrs' Canon D400.

[quote name='andykelly' post='898393' date='Jul 18 2010, 09:28 PM']I really want this! Please still be here when I get paid :lol:
Is the fretted neck Ebony too?[/quote]

The fretted neck is a little thicker (fingers to thumb) and has a rosewood fingerboard, I believe. Nice neck, anyway.

[quote name='witterth' post='898424' date='Jul 18 2010, 10:18 PM']Hi Rich.
are you after That ('87) '2000 that we've both seen?
same as my one, but less road worn?
I want it as well,
but cant explain to Mrs W why!!
ATB
& I hope you get it!
(if I'm right)
W

read your orginal post properly!
you're getting that bass, 'aint cha?[/quote]

Only if I can sell these two fine specimens - If it wasn't for the S2000 cropping up, I'd be keeping these. The Funkmeister in particular is seriously good and sounds fantastic. :lol:

Edited by OutToPlayJazz