Why become a member? ×

i have TC Electronic gas..

bubinga5

Amazing amps, IMO.

If you look at the price point of the cabs, they are seriously good. There are some comparison vids to a Berg cabinet and there isn't much in it. Huge price difference though.

I was pleasantly surprised with the TC bass line. I went in to test very sceptical, and left the store planning to sell my old setup.

I have had mine for a couple of months now and i absolutely love this rig....the amp RH 450,has so many good features,and the 2x10 cabs sound very good for their size.... they are light and so easy to carry....my sack barrow has become redundant.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='896811' date='Jul 16 2010, 07:56 PM']Amazing amps, IMO.

If you look at the price point of the cabs, they are seriously good. There are some comparison vids to a Berg cabinet and there isn't much in it. Huge price difference though.

I was pleasantly surprised with the TC bass line. I went in to test very sceptical, and left the store planning to sell my old setup.[/quote]

+1 - I love my RH450 head through my Bergantino cabs

[quote name='bubinga5' post='896773' date='Jul 16 2010, 07:05 PM']Oh my god i may have Amp gas.this is a first for me....i tried a 210 TC cab in Guitar Guitar and i loved the sound of it..it was running through an Aguilar AG500 ...anyone tried these amps/cabs..

what do you think of the amps, as well as the cabs...[/quote]

Youre welcome to come and try my kit out. I'm only in Tewkesbury. I have an RH450, Classic 450, 210, 212 and 112, so you can mix and match!

Cheers,

Bob

[quote name='SuperMaximo' post='899044' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:27 PM']Sorry to hijack the thread, but Bob, what's your opinion on the Classic450? Same goes out to anyone else who has it[/quote]

You know, the strangest thing, and I dont know if its all inside my head, but I actually think it sounds a bit better? Hooked up to the same cabs, it sounds just that bit warmer, and a tad more relaxed for want of a better word. Its certainly a superb amp, and if you dont need the tuner and the memories, is a no brainer!

Cheers,

Bob

I had a go through the RH450 and the Classic 450 at Guitar Guitar in Newcastle today. I just had a shot on a whim saying as I had my Kubicki Ex Factor with me and I was buying a new strap. Even with old strings on it, I was quite blown away. Simply put, they are incredible amps. I might well grab my Alembic and go back for a second go!

To me, the RH450 sounded a little better from the off, although the Classic 450 was also incredible and also something like £300 cheaper! Needless to say, the Classic is more than good enough and I may well go and buy one from them, I was so impressed!

I hate to be a downer on the TC love but their stuff just isn't working for me.

Just doesn't have the clarity and 'sparkle' I want - shame as I really, really wanted to like this setup :)

There may well be an RH450 + RS212 + RS210 stack up for sale very soon. . .

[quote name='molan' post='899204' date='Jul 19 2010, 06:12 PM']I hate to be a downer on the TC love but their stuff just isn't working for me.

Just doesn't have the clarity and 'sparkle' I want - shame as I really, really wanted to like this setup :)

There may well be an RH450 + RS212 + RS210 stack up for sale very soon. . .[/quote]

Hey Molan, I understand what you are saying as the TC amps are opposite to the Markbass 'super fast/hi'fi' presentation, which is why I have kept my MB gear. However, the MB gear I have is not getting any use as I really do like the thicker and (slightly) more old school presentation I get with the RH450.

As always, it really is a case that people need to try these things before buying, although this will never really give you a view of how they behave in a gig situation.

Edited by alanbass1

[quote name='alanbass1' post='899352' date='Jul 19 2010, 08:17 PM']Hey Molan, I understand what you are saying as the TC amps are opposite to the Markbass 'super fast/hi'fi' presentation, which is why I have kept my MB gear. However, the MB gear I have is not getting any use as I really do like the thicker and (slightly) more old school presentation I get with the RH450.

As always, it really is a case that people need to try these things before buying, although this will never really give you a view of how they behave in a gig situation.[/quote]

Totally agree about the gigging stuff - I gigged with my RH450 head & really didn't like the on-stage sound at all but the sound engineer said it sounded great out front (I wasn't in the PA).

Unfortunately liking the sound of my own bass on stage is quite important to me, lol.

It's amazing that something so 'modern' and hi-tech can deliver such a classic bass sound though. For anyone after that sort of tone then it's a killer head :)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' post='899359' date='Jul 19 2010, 08:23 PM']Totally agree about the gigging stuff - I gigged with my RH450 head & really didn't like the on-stage sound at all but the sound engineer said it sounded great out front (I wasn't in the PA).[/quote]

Twice now I have heard my TC rig used before our band, I've stood at various place around the hall, and it does seem to have a amazing presence further away than you get when up close to it

Not sure if its the cab or the head, but it sounds so good, unfortunately you don't the same feel standing on top of it, something I did get from my orange cab

This is based on a 212 on its own and a little in the PA in small halls (120-150 people), I do plan to add the 210 which when closer to the ear may give a better on stage sound, but to be honest its out front sound is so good as is, I am not in any rush

Edited by lojo