Why become a member? ×

Shuker 5 String Precision- Picked up today!!

Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='RichBowman' post='253871' date='Aug 3 2008, 07:37 PM']It's a beauty alright -I saw it on Friday when I dropped mine off with Jon - He seemed very proud of it! The neck binding and the inlay are stunning; very, very classy in my opinion!

Hope you enjoy it for many years to come (I'm sure you will!)

All the best,

Rich[/quote]

Thanks for the comments Rich. I actually saw your bass there yesterday and the finish is gorgeous on it.

I played the Shuker for the first time in anger last night at a local hall which we'd hired to try out the new PA system. We invited a few friends along and all I can say is WOW!! I has loads of comments about how cool the bass looked, as well as people saying how good it sounded.

The bass is so easy and comfortable to play and the sound that comes from the EMG's is amazing. It covers everything from the traditional P Bass sound right through to a very modern Pop sound. Definition is amazing and although I'm still not convinced about playing everything through FOH, this is defintely the bass for me!!

So much so, that I'm now seriously wondering whether I need to keep hold of the US 2008 P bass i bought a few weeks back...

Oh dear :)

Hey [b]Meester Horse-Murphy[/b],
that's one gorgeous bass you got there!
Glad it's working out so well in your live set too, I love EMGs too, they never disappoint!

Congrats man - she was worth the wait.

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='254546' date='Aug 4 2008, 03:47 PM']Hey [b]Meester Horse-Murphy[/b],
that's one gorgeous bass you got there!
Glad it's working out so well in your live set too, I love EMGs too, they never disappoint!

Congrats man - she was worth the wait.

Eude[/quote]

Thanks Eude

I've never used EMG's before. I don't know why. What the Hell have I been missing??!!

Seriously (seriously) thinking about going for a matching 4 string J Bass with a Musicman profile neck....

dreams eh? :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='254394' date='Aug 4 2008, 01:51 PM']I played the Shuker for the first time in anger last night at a local hall which we'd hired to try out the new PA system. We invited a few friends along and all I can say is WOW!! I has loads of comments about how cool the bass looked, as well as people saying how good it sounded.

The bass is so easy and comfortable to play and the sound that comes from the EMG's is amazing. It covers everything from the traditional P Bass sound right through to a very modern Pop sound. Definition is amazing and although I'm still not convinced about playing everything through FOH, this is defintely the bass for me!!

So much so, that I'm now seriously wondering whether I need to keep hold of the US 2008 P bass i bought a few weeks back...

Oh dear :)[/quote]

:huh:

H'excellent (steeples fingers inna Mr Burns Styleeee) another convert :huh:

Ol' Jon really knows how to take your needs and desires and convert them into basses, n'est pas?

I'd hang on to the 4 banger for a year or so as I am now playing 4 string a lot more .... of course what I really want is a Shuker 4 string but hey, life aint perfect ....

[quote name='OldGit' post='254582' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:06 PM']:)

H'excellent (steeples fingers inna Mr Burns Styleeee) another convert :huh:

Ol' Jon really knows how to take your needs and desires and convert them into basses, n'est pas?

I'd hang on to the 4 banger for a year or so as I am now playing 4 string a lot more .... of course what I really want is a Shuker 4 string but hey, life aint perfect ....[/quote]

He certainly does Si. Since he fitted the passive bypass on the Stingray, it does the P Bass sound really well on top of the Ray sound.

The 5'er is definitely the bass I'll take with me to gigs from now on.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='254847' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:14 PM']Truly beautiful bass Sir.
I have used EMG's since 1986 and for me, they are the best sounding pups out there. Even, across the board and great top and bottom end power.[/quote]

I totally agree Steve. I'm definitely an EMG convert!!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='255036' date='Aug 5 2008, 07:34 AM']Simple,powerful,well crafted and classy to the eye. Can't think what more you could ask. Congratulations , you must be very pleased.

Haven't kept to speed on Jon of late - did he complete his workshop move to Bamford?[/quote]

Hi Dave- thanks for the comments.

His move is now pretty-much complete and looks good.

I'm not sure if it's Bamford he moved to (my Peak District geography isn't too hot). It's near a village called Hope

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='255081' date='Aug 5 2008, 09:24 AM']I got to the 18th Fret once Si, but I think I suffered from altitude sickness. After some Oxygen and a sit down I was okay, but never again.

21 frets? Show Off...[/quote]

ha ha I loikes me top E, loike ...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='255044' date='Aug 5 2008, 08:07 AM']Hi Dave- thanks for the comments.

His move is now pretty-much complete and looks good.

I'm not sure if it's Bamford he moved to (my Peak District geography isn't too hot). It's near a village called Hope[/quote]

Yes , I know Hope - near Castleton and the start of the Pennine Way at Edale. Think he said he lives at Bamford so I got it wrong.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='255129' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:07 AM']Yes , I know Hope - near Castleton and the start of the Pennine Way at Edale. Think he said he lives at Bamford so I got it wrong.[/quote]

Any place where you're able to walk the dog to work over the hills every morning is just fine with me!!

Sigh.......

• 6 months later...

I got to have a quick unplugged noodle on this round at Nick's recently and, to be honest, I was really unimpressed.

I'm thinking of trying to persuade him to sell it as it's really not up to his high standards of playing - I thought maybe £250 would be a good price for it & I'd even offer to take it off his hands for him so he doesn't have to go through the ignominy of sticking it up on EBay & having to explain to a load of oiks that it's not some dodgy Taiwanese P bass copy. . .

Ok - so it's lovely & a joy to play, damn, looks like my 'cunning plan' isn't going to work ;)

[quote name='molan' post='418047' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:04 AM']I got to have a quick unplugged noodle on this round at Nick's recently and, to be honest, I was really unimpressed.

I'm thinking of trying to persuade him to sell it as it's really not up to his high standards of playing - I thought maybe £250 would be a good price for it & I'd even offer to take it off his hands for him so he doesn't have to go through the ignominy of sticking it up on EBay & having to explain to a load of oiks that it's not some dodgy Taiwanese P bass copy. . .

Ok - so it's lovely & a joy to play, damn, looks like my 'cunning plan' isn't going to work ;)[/quote]

Take a number ......

• 7 months later...