Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mesa Walkabout combo (300W, 4ohm)

Clarky

:)

I have gone the big Orange valve amp + Barefaced light cab route (plus looking for an ultra-light backup amp). Thus, wonderful though this is, I am letting go my Mesa Walkabout 112 combo. Its about a year-and-a-half old, in very good condition, and comes with a cover I had custom made to protect it. You know the drill on these. Very loud (so loud I sold on the extension cab as I never needed it), very tube-y sounding, and a one-hand lift (50lbs). Looking for £700 picked up or meet-up in London. Not keen on shipping so will give preference to personal meet-up in London area (I live nr Hammersmith but occasionally drive to work nr Liverpool St).

PS, Bass Gallery are listing these at £1,349 special order - ie, this is about half new price

[attachment=53391:30062009146.jpg][attachment=53392:30062009147.jpg] Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='884125' date='Jul 2 2010, 04:38 PM']:)

I have gone the big Orange valve amp + Barefaced light cab route (plus looking for an ultra-light backup amp). Thus, wonderful though this is, I am letting go my Mesa Walkabout 112 combo. Its about a year-and-a-half old, in very good condition, and comes with a cover I had custom made to protect it. You know the drill on these. Very loud (so loud I sold on the extension cab as I never needed it), very tube-y sounding, and a one-hand lift (50lbs). Looking for £700 picked up or meet-up in London. Not keen on shipping so will give preference to personal meet-up in London area (I live nr Hammersmith but occasionally drive to work nr Liverpool St).

PS, Bass Gallery are listing these at £1,349 special order - ie, this is about half new price

[attachment=53391:30062009146.jpg][attachment=53392:30062009147.jpg][/quote]
Typical....you let us buy one for a grand then put yours up

[quote name='tino' post='884150' date='Jul 2 2010, 05:00 PM']Typical....you let us buy one for a grand then put yours up[/quote]
Yeah, sorry tino. I only decided today after I gave the new arrival Orange valve amp a proper work-out last night. Your is a fetching custom shade of green though, whereas mine is boring black!

Bloody hell Clarky, you'll be playing Warwicks next!

Great combo at a great price, this unit really belies it's size and has a tremendous punch and bottom end. I'm lucky enough to have one of these and the extension cab, and it's a hell of a unit, versatile, loud, toneful and portable.

Good luck mate

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='884155' date='Jul 2 2010, 05:03 PM']Bloody hell Clarky, you'll be playing Warwicks next![/quote]
Funny you should say that .... and I'm buying a Ritter headless spaghetti-shaped bass

Kidding :)

Edited by Clarky

Prefer outright cash sale but would also entertain a part-ex against a Fender MIA, Sadowsky, or Fender-alike 5 string in black, oly white or 3TS. Depending on model could be cash adjustment from me.

Alternatively a part-ex with cash my way for a Genz Shuttle 6.0 (and possibly an Orange Terror Bass, though not so sure as size is important here!)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='alexharvay' post='886165' date='Jul 5 2010, 11:27 AM']As nice as your new Orange amp is, I actually can’t believe you’re selling this.[/quote]
Its lovely but I just don't think I will use it now that I have the AD200B.

By the way folks, I was last night offered a trade deal involving a super-nice bass for one-of-my-basses-plus-Mesa Walkabout. Not sure yet if this will come off but thought it fair to give the heads up that this may be spoken for.