Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Rig For Sale

I truly love this rig but I have a hip and back problem that's deteriorating rapidly and need something a lot lighter.

The head is in mint condition, racked from day 1 in a new Boschma case (the best IMO), it also has a row of plug sockets on the back which is really useful and two OBBM leads as you can see in the pic below.

The two channel foot-switchable head would cost you a grand or maybe a bit more if new, the rack case another £65, the plug thingy another £40 plus £25 for the cables.

I'd be looking for £750 for the head which includes the extras described above.

I also have a GS112 and GS112NT in very good condition which I'd sell for £425 for the pair.

The problem is I'm in two working bands and need a rig during the transition. I realise that it's unlikely I'll sell the thing complete so a split will probably be necessary. Just bear this in mind because timing etc may be an issue but if you're interested in anything, let's talk.

I don't want to ship but will deliver items within a reasonable distance or meet halfway. I'm not interested in any trades unless it involves a mint condition Epifani UL310 or UL410.

Pics

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='JTUK' post='882438' date='Jun 30 2010, 09:14 PM']Indeed, looks a very fine mini rig there.

I don't get it tho, weight is a thing but you'll trade for a 3x10 or 4x10 UL...how light are those things then..?[/quote]

Epifani cabs are very easy lifts and don't feel that much heavier than a GS112 - I've owned both in the past. It's not just the weight factor - two cabs means two trips. My main band only does theatres so the get ins can be a bit distant sometimes (yeah I know I can buy a trolley). The other thing is I have to keep my gear upstairs at home so one cab = 1 trip.

Both bands DI everything so it's possible to get away with a smaller rig.

Note sure it's an option but the Mesa Walkabout 12 combo I now use easily matches the volume of the AI and 2 GS112s I used to use, plus the tone is fantastic.
A little heavy but might be an all in one option for you.

Anyone who buys this Aggie setup will be very happy indeed :)

Edited by TPJ

I put Eminance deltalite II's in my two gs112 cabs... made them very noticably lighter. Plus (IMO) they sound a lot punchier and focused. Could be worth looking into.... that is unless you really fancy a change!

Great looking set up!!

I have an Aguilar pre in one of my basses and an Aguilar Tone Hammer as well, and am very happy with the tonal range available and the fundamental Aguilar sound that's there if i want it, so I imagine this rig sounds pretty amazing!

Good luck with the sale :)

[quote name='TPJ' post='882562' date='Jun 30 2010, 11:01 PM']Note sure it's an option but the Mesa Walkabout 12 combo I now use easily matches the volume of the AI and 2 GS112s I used to use, plus the tone is fantastic.
A little heavy but might be an all in one option for you.

Anyone who buys this Aggie setup will be very happy indeed :rolleyes:[/quote]

Hell mate - I remember you saying you were going to buy a Boogie - glad you're enjoying it Tom. A Walkabout would probably be perfect for me but I guess it isn't going to be easy selling this ATM.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='882671' date='Jul 1 2010, 07:40 AM']Great looking set up!!

I have an Aguilar pre in one of my basses and an Aguilar Tone Hammer as well, and am very happy with the tonal range available and the fundamental Aguilar sound that's there if i want it, so I imagine this rig sounds pretty amazing!

Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

Hi Nik, I have the Tone Hammer too mainly as a back up / DI but I use it for recording too - excellent piece of kit. The rig does truly sound fantastic and I think my main band will be a bit gutted if it goes but my ageing body demands that I get something easier to carry.

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='882692' date='Jul 1 2010, 08:34 AM']Fancy a part trade for a Markbass LM2 and an Epi UL112. I'd only want the one GS112.

Very lightweight, I have a trolley that it fits on. I've taken it on the London tube loads of time to gigs.[/quote]

Thanks but I have something in mind already :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='882678' date='Jul 1 2010, 08:00 AM']Hi Nik, I have the Tone Hammer too mainly as a back up / DI but I use it for recording too - excellent piece of kit. The rig does truly sound fantastic and I think my main band will be a bit gutted if it goes but my ageing body demands that I get something easier to carry.[/quote]

Hi Al,

Yes; I'm much the same - the Tone hammer is a fantastic back up for gigs should anything happen to my Eden rig..it's great to know it's there for any gigging emergency..

The rig looks fantastic too IMO..

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='883551' date='Jul 1 2010, 11:34 PM']....the Tone hammer is a fantastic back up for gigs should anything happen to my Eden rig....[/quote]
The only way an Eden is going to stop working is if a meteorite scores a direct hit, or there's a successful tactical nuclear strike within 20 miles!!

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='883629' date='Jul 2 2010, 07:41 AM']....I need a new hip but I'm trying to put it off as long as possible....[/quote]
Hi Al, have you got a folding aluminium trolley?

I think I'm going to have to buy one Chris - I can't see this selling in the current climate. Plenty of offers to buy one cab but that's not really any use to me unless the other bits go too. :)

I certainly won't cry if I have to keep it - it's the best rig I've ever used.