Why become a member? ×

"Pro Level" small lightweight combo

eude

[quote name='ickleben' post='894136' date='Jul 13 2010, 08:25 PM']I'm also very tempted by the prometheananan but stuck between the 1*10 or the 2*10 combo... My band wont be gigging till september so I've got plenty of time to make up my mind.[/quote]

From what I've read the 2X10 is more than gig capable, the 1X10 will depend on your setup and how rabid your drummer is...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='894592' date='Jul 14 2010, 12:20 PM']Trigger pulled on a 1x10 combo.

My breath is baited...[/quote]

Doing the Happy Dance :)
You won't regret it mate, the thing is the dogs bits!

Where'd you order from?

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='894675' date='Jul 14 2010, 01:24 PM']Doing the Happy Dance :)
You won't regret it mate, the thing is the dogs bits!

Where'd you order from?

Eude[/quote]
Went with Thomann.. They're expecting stock at the weekend. Got the bundle deal... no-one else could touch it. I did try.

Of course, the stock might be delayed, but we'll see!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='894677' date='Jul 14 2010, 01:25 PM']Went with Thomann.. They're expecting stock at the weekend. Got the bundle deal... no-one else could touch it. I did try.

Of course, the stock might be delayed, but we'll see![/quote]

Think it took about a week for me to get mine, and when I ordered, nothing was in stock!
They're pretty dang efficient those Germans! :)

Eude

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='904937' date='Jul 25 2010, 05:25 PM']It looks fab.. mine will be here tomorrow or Tuesday, I hope. :)

I'm not holding out much hope that it'll handle a full rehearsal. If it does, it'll be a bonus![/quote]

Nice one dude :rolleyes:

You might be surprised, unless you're in a metal band...

Eude

Well if someone had told me that I could feasibly go to a gig carrying only this >>
[attachment=55262:RIMG0252.jpg]
I would've told them their brain was in wrong.
First proper practice with my little Promethean tonight and it was amazing!
It easily overpowered a 4 piece drum kit and a PA with two vocals and an acoustic guitar going through it. It's no metal set up, but I now know this little amp will be more than enough for any acoustic'y pub gigs.
I've got a festival gig in the 11th in one of the Spiegeltents, which will be acoustic and electric, so I'm going to use the Promethean to feed the PA and as a stage monitor.

More to come... :)

I'm one happy Eude though!

Eude

Edited by eude

[quote name='eude' post='908774' date='Jul 28 2010, 11:47 PM']Well if someone had told me that I could feasibly go to a gig carrying only this >>
[attachment=55262:RIMG0252.jpg][/quote]
You take a spare 6-string fretless neck to gigs? Is it for battering off the hordes of unruly ladies who want a piece of bass-player action? :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='908935' date='Jul 29 2010, 09:39 AM']You take a spare 6-string fretless neck to gigs? Is it for battering off the hordes of unruly ladies who want a piece of bass-player action? :rolleyes:[/quote]

I wish dude, however I'm sure the fiancé is more than capable of battering them on my behalf, what with her jiu-jitsu and all...
The fretless neck is a wee sneak peek for a thread to come soon :)

Eude