Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Lakland Duck Dunn PJ4

obbm

Even though this a superb bass it is now superfluous to my current needs and sadly has to go to make way for an incoming Godin fretless.

It has a matched pair of Lindy Fralin pickups with separate CTS stack knob pots (250K/250K) for each.

When the Gallery did the routing for the J-pickup I also had them put in a side-mounted jack and a rear battery box jsut in case I wanted to add a pre-amp at a later date.

I will include a generic hard case.

£770 plus postage. Collection welcome.

Edited by obbm

Now you told me this was a keeper lol :)

Have had a little play on this acoustically and it plays, feels and sounds fantastic. Bet it's killer plugged in!
Oh and as if I need to tell anyone, OBBM is excellent to deal with!!

Good luck buddy
Si

[quote name='Sibob' post='858741' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:35 AM']Now you told me this was a keeper lol :rolleyes:[/quote]

:) That was then. Things have changed and I need something else for the new band so something has to go. It could have been the Shuker but I've recently bonded with it. It could have been the pre-EB Ray but no-one has the money to buy it so regretably this is next as I won't sell the pink Jazz. :lol:

[quote name='obbm' post='858737' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:28 AM']Even though this a superb bass it is now superfluous to my current needs and sadly has to go to make way for an incoming Godin fretless.

It has a matched pair of Lindy Fralin pickups with separate CTS stack knob pots (250K/250K) for each.

When the Gallery did the routing for the J-pickup I also had them put in a side-mounted jack and a rear battery box jsut in case I wanted to add a pre-amp at a later date.

I will include a generic hard case.

£770 plus postage. Collection welcome.[/quote]

hi there is this bass a skyline model?
rgards mike

[quote name='Linus27' post='861311' date='Jun 8 2010, 06:25 PM']Hey Dave. Has Nick (old Horse Murphy) not contacted you? He is looking for a Duck Dunn.[/quote]

Not a peep out of him.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='861374' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:32 PM']Hey obbm - what's the blended pickup sound on this like compared to a regular JJ configuration?[/quote]

I'm not the best person to answer this as my hearing is pretty well f**ck*d but to me it sounds deeper. Without the bridge pickup it's a modern P, add in the bridge and the sound tightens. Wind back the neck pick-up and it goes deep growly. I've always liked the PJ set-up. Last year I acquired a 5-string Shuker PJ in a trade and can't justify keeping both.

BTW the neck on this is superb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Simon.' post='880699' date='Jun 29 2010, 10:09 AM']Obbm - if you could wait until September, I'll have a cash injection and very probably take this off your hands! Can't believe this great looking bass hasn't sold yet...[/quote]

I'm in no rush to sell, which is why I haven't bumped it recently. Basses like this will evetually sell in their own good time, one just has to be patient. Keep me posted.