Why become a member? ×

FS: Vester Argus III. Modern styled bass.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

Trying to raise some money to help pay for moving to a new place!

The bass needs its electronics sorted out, other then that its great!

Heres a breakdown of the bass!

[size=3][b]Description[/b][/size]

Here we have a Made in Korea vester Argus bass. Looks like a BC Rich Wave for the really squinty eyed! Made sometime in the 90's. Its lightweight.

No case or gig bag i am afraid!

[size=3][b]Specification[/b][/size]

Gloss black finish, with heavy mass gold bridge and tuners, Has Vester signature noiseless Jazz style pickups. One volume, 3 way selector switch (That looks like a normal knob), tone knob and an unknown switch! Active 9Volt circuit inside. Probably maple body (Real wood at least!), Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.

[size=3][b]Functionality[/b][/size]

The electronics are slightly finicky, the three way knob is a little loose, they positions still work no problem, but is loose. I can probably tighten this up if bought! The other is an unknown 2 way mini switch. Its either a badly wired kill switch, or its an active/passive selector. One position works.

Other then that, no problems! Pickups are fine, circuit board has no problems. Voltmeter checks it out.

[size=3][b]Playability[/b] [/size]

The action is very low, plays better then a number of basses more then double the price. Its been my goto home bass for over a year. Its pretty light and no neck dive is present.

[size=3][b]Sounds[/b][/size]

Typical jazz style sounds! Sounds hi-fi with both pups on, Bridge pup has a decent clean jaco style burp, if a little clinical. The neck pickup is all sorts of RAWK. Lots of growl!

[size=3][b]Condition[/b][/size]

The bass is in very good condition with a black mark that could be cleaned out on the back of the neck, nothing else major enough to note.

[size=3][b]Price/Trades[/b][/size]

£140

No Trades

[size=3][b]Delivery[/b][/size]

Honestly i want this bass picked up from Bristol. Either at the train station or my flat. I have exams and moving house within the next week, i doubt i have time to post anything and i dont have a case to put it in anyway! [b]If there is no other option i will post.[/b] Buyer pays postage.

[size=3][b]Other information[/b][/size]

Case is not included.

If you require any other information or specific photos of the bass, please let me know either by PM or my E-mail address Anubispearl [AT] hotmail.com, My number is also available for serious buyers.

[size=3][b]Photos:[/b][/size]

What appears to be scratches or imperfections are just the light reflection and cat hairs :)

Yes that is a pair of briefs on the floor.

Very cool. You do have some awesome kit, Shockwave :)

Is this the one shown on Vesterfansite? The bass there also has the 'kill switch' - they might also have an explanation of it's purpose!

Love the panty shot.

Edited by Gust0o

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='854314' date='Jun 1 2010, 11:23 PM']thats a cracker, comfortable on a strap??[/quote]

Its slightly odd because the strap pin is on the back of the bass instead of the end of the upper horn, however apart from that eccentricity its very comfortable on a bass :)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='854323' date='Jun 1 2010, 11:31 PM']Same position as the Eagle? Any idea on why the switch is playing up?[/quote]

Yup same position. No idea why the switch is playing up, nothing wrong wiringwise. Probably needs replacement.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='854333' date='Jun 1 2010, 11:47 PM']Good position, for balance - though it'll feel like you've grown a third-nipple whilst playing sat down.

So, is it locked in Passive or Active?[/quote]

No idea!

Gut feeling is passive.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a review of this bass in Vol 7 No 1 of 'The Guitar Magazine'. Here's a brief summary of the specs:
Agathis body
Maple neck
R/wood fingerboard
Vol, 3-way p/up selector, tone control & active/passive switch
RRP £499

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stumped, more like.

No space, sorry Shockwave. Also, I have no idea (this side of Friday) as to what my role will look like - promotion? Demotion? Binned? Bad timing for impulsing buying.

You can always have a bump, mind.