Why become a member? ×

Build Diary - RIM Marseer 6 Custom

pantherairsoft

I've just tuned into this... oh my word that is going to look amazing! Though I may even prefer the grain on the back of the bass, it is that good. I'd love to see it in a 5 string version, I'm not good enough for a 6 string, nor do I personally want one. But this one looks pretty sweet!

Cannot wait till it is finiished, you'll have to post some sound clips on youtube or something so we can hear it too!

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='996262' date='Oct 21 2010, 07:13 PM']I've just tuned into this... oh my word that is going to look amazing! Though I may even prefer the grain on the back of the bass, it is that good. I'd love to see it in a 5 string version, I'm not good enough for a 6 string, nor do I personally want one. But this one looks pretty sweet!

Cannot wait till it is finiished, you'll have to post some sound clips on youtube or something so we can hear it too![/quote]

Cheers dude. It is turning out to be more stunning than I imagined. Speaking of the lovely grain on the reverse of the bass...

If 6 strings are too many there's A lovely 5 string version here - [url="http://www.rimcustombasses.co.uk/pages/gallery.htm"]http://www.rimcustombasses.co.uk/pages/gallery.htm[/url] (Last bass, bottom right).

Edited by pantherairsoft

I saw this bass in the flesh when I went around to Robbie's the other day. I have to say it looks great, the neck and fretboard are particulalry stunning.

I also feel that the pics are a little misleading, as they don't show just how neat and compact the body shape really is.

You're going to be a very lucky man.

[quote name='gilmour' post='1002800' date='Oct 27 2010, 06:13 PM']I saw this bass in the flesh when I went around to Robbie's the other day. I have to say it looks great, the neck and fretboard are particulalry stunning.

I also feel that the pics are a little misleading, as they don't show just how neat and compact the body shape really is.

You're going to be a very lucky man.[/quote]

I completely agree. When you see it in the flesh it's very different.

The Marseer body is very small and compact,bought into balance by the long top horn. I love how compact it is, it just has large 'hips'. The body, in context reminds me of the Cort Curbow, whereby on its own it looks regular sized, but next to another bass it seems far smaller.

I'll see if Robbie can send me a pic of the body next to a regular J-Bass body for comparison…. As if by magic…!

Edited by pantherairsoft