Why become a member? ×

Superfly problems

parker_muse

[quote name='parker_muse' post='830932' date='May 7 2010, 07:17 PM']I doubt it's that as it was working about an hour ago, went to have dinner, came back and it's kaputz![/quote]

A fuse blows instantly, not over dinner. First point of call is always the fuse.

Yes I have. I found another kettle lead that from the printer that worked fine on the printer but not on the amp. I put it back on the printer and it worked so it's not the fuse. I'm worried that when i changed the fuse it just temporarily worked again and was nothing to do with the fuse.

[quote name='crez5150' post='831246' date='May 8 2010, 10:05 AM']Buy yourself a proper IEC Power cable.... some of these cheap 'kettle' leads are not the same size as the pro units.... even if its 1/4 mm out it makes for a loose connection[/quote]

[url="http://www.dcdi.co.uk/Power-Distribution/IEC-Power-CablesIEC-Extension-Cables/UK-13A-BS1363-Plug-to-IEC-C13-Kettle-Socket/p-91-112-435/"]http://www.dcdi.co.uk/Power-Distribution/I...t/p-91-112-435/[/url]

One of these?

Just to add the perhaps bleeding obvious, but I would be suspicious of anything that is blowing fuses regularly. The Superfly's don't exactly have a legendary rep for reliability so I'd consider getting Ashdown to look at it.

Is it under warranty?

I think i've bought a steam engine as this thing has serious mood swings. It's working now and has been since my last post. The new Fender P sounds glorious through the Superfly and a 2x10! Why does it do this to me? I think the new lead might not have been pushed in properly when i first tried it. Fingers crossed this lasts...

[quote name='parker_muse' post='831596' date='May 8 2010, 05:19 PM']I think i've bought a steam engine as this thing has serious mood swings. It's working now and has been since my last post. The new Fender P sounds glorious through the Superfly and a 2x10! Why does it do this to me? I think the new lead might not have been pushed in properly when i first tried it. Fingers crossed this lasts...[/quote]

Seeing as its blowing fuses so regularly I would definitely get it sent back to Ashdown to get them to sort it out under warranty.

I don't think it was blowing fuses. I think it was just having a mad 5 minutes. I've been playing it flat out for about an hour and a half and it's working fine now. I e-mailed ashdown so when they reply i'll take a course of action but it might have just been a funny 5 minutes.

[quote name='parker_muse' post='831650' date='May 8 2010, 06:23 PM']I don't think it was blowing fuses. I think it was just having a mad 5 minutes. I've been playing it flat out for about an hour and a half and it's working fine now. I e-mailed ashdown so when they reply i'll take a course of action but it might have just been a funny 5 minutes.[/quote]

In my experience with electronics (I work in the electronics industry) anything that is having a "funny five minutes" is a symptom of an underlying problem that will only get worse and in many cases lead to failure. The last thing you need is to have it break down during a gig or recording.

Edited by TankJon

[quote name='parker_muse' post='832127' date='May 9 2010, 01:00 PM']Well it's broken down again. Ashdown haven't replied yet so i'll call them tomorrow.[/quote]

This is a tangential point that's unlikely to solve your problem here but may help in future if you get it fixed. Have you removed the superfly from the outer casing? Supposedly this aids the cooling thanks to a design flaw. Hot components leads to unreliability. Good luck getting it sorted!