Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN.

tom1946

Well here is another of my collection that is losing out to my Fender obsession :)

It's a Tokai Rockinbetter with a set neck, a great action and really solid Ric tones. This is no small part due to the genuine Ricky pickups, bridge, tailpiece and wiring which have been done to a high standard and cost a great deal of money so if you aspire to a Rick but haven't got that kind of money then this is a very viable alternative.
It has had a new nut fitted and a recent full setup & strings.
The Rick pickup cover is included but not fitted also there is a spare black switch tip.

I don't know how old the bass is but it can't be very old because there is no fretwear or marks on it.
I haven't got any of the original parts from it and it does have a naughty badge fitted albeit slighty smaller.

Playing wise, I've only ever had a go on one Rick in the past and me being me can't really tell any difference.
So tremendous sound and a low price considering the upgrades make this a really good buy.

I'm looking for £495 which will include a good gigbag and delivery to UK mainland only.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by tom1946

[quote name='parker_muse' post='823116' date='Apr 29 2010, 04:11 PM']Whats up with the TRC?[/quote]

I suspect it says something the Ric Police wouldn't like :)

BTW aren't these through neck (like a real ric) rather than set neck? Either way, it looks great.

[quote name='simon1964' post='823139' date='Apr 29 2010, 04:32 PM']I suspect it says something the Ric Police wouldn't like :)[/quote]

This being BC, I don't think John Hall has any jurisdiction. Although it would be better if it didn't say "Rickenbacker".

However, with the swapped hardware, this is as good & as accurate as modern Rick copies get - it's even got authentic tail-lift! Rickenbacker quality control FTW! :rolleyes:

Jon.

Interest you in this? Plays much better than my Jazz, has the thin neck also! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86274"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=86274[/url]