Why become a member? ×

Blues/rock/zappa band wanted for wedding Cardiff June 2 2010

OldGit

Band wanted for wedding: Cardiff, Wed 2nd June 2010

Advert in Cardiff Gumtree:
Play a wedding for [b]£200[/b] :)

He says "I want a band / couple of guys on guitars, any kinda set up really who can do a nice 90 - 120 minute set of blues, rock sorta stuff, for my wedding in the Vale of Glamorgan" "Jeff healey band, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Muddy waters, BB King, Frank Zappa and so on and so on. "

I guess if you are a pub band already doing that sort of stuff for that sort of money it might be different, and it [b]is[/b] on a Wednesday...

If you are intersted the ad is [url="http://cardiff.gumtree.com/cardiff/12/56108212.html"]here[/url]

Personally I think his mother and mother in law will hate it, and him, for a long time as a result ....

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='JTUK' post='819088' date='Apr 26 2010, 11:26 AM']Watched Roadhouse the other day and was reminded how good Jeff Healy is...
Awesome gtr sound.

As for Zappa at a wedding.. and for £200..??

I say good luck, it is all yours.[/quote]

Saw Jeff Healey a couple of times at The Robin in Bilston. Glad I took the chance as he died last year. The cancer finally got the better of him. The thing that I liked about Healey's live show was the variety of material he would tackle - he wasn't just a blues guitarist.

[quote name='RhysP' post='819794' date='Apr 26 2010, 07:09 PM']What about an entire performance of "Thing-fish"?[/quote]

Maybe there's a gig here for all of the Cardiff based BC bass plyers all playing Big Bottom and Mustang Sally for 180 minutes :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='818904' date='Apr 26 2010, 09:33 AM']Band wanted for wedding: Cardiff, Wed 2nd June 2010

Advert in Cardiff Gumtree:
Play a wedding for [b]£200[/b] :)

He says "I want a band / couple of guys on guitars, any kinda set up really who can do a nice 90 - 120 minute set of blues, rock sorta stuff, for my wedding in the Vale of Glamorgan" "Jeff healey band, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Muddy waters, BB King, Frank Zappa and so on and so on. "

I guess if you are a pub band already doing that sort of stuff for that sort of money it might be different, and it [b]is[/b] on a Wednesday...

If you are intersted the ad is [url="http://cardiff.gumtree.com/cardiff/12/56108212.html"]here[/url]

Personally I think his mother and mother in law will hate it, and him, for a long time as a result ....[/quote]
I don't think he's mad at all - it's his wedding and it should be what he & the blushing bride want for their party, not the future mother-in-law! Lets face it, its gotta be better than I Predict A Riot, tired old motown tunes and Mustang bleedin' Sally all night long!

I do think he's being a bit optimistic expecting a blues band to play zappa tunes as well as a bit stingy only paying £200 thru!

£200? I dunno. I see gigs on GoodParty all the time where people are budgeting £100-250 for a wedding band. I don't know where they get that figure from or what they expect for that money but I wouldn't let any band that was prepared to put up with all that wedding messing about near any do I was having. He'll get what he pays for.

Edited by Sean