Why become a member? ×

Basscentre New World Record

basskit_case

I would be interested to know if this can be beaten by any other stores but I think Basscentre can be placed into the Guiness Book of Records for the "longest delay between requesting and receiving a refund for a cancelled order" record (catchy title I know).

I asked to have an order for a SB14 bass cancelled on the 29th March, now on the 14th April I am still waiting for the refund to appear in my bank account, 17 days and counting!

Wouldn't be quite so bad if I they had not promised several times that the refund had been made but "it takes a couple of days for it to appear in your account".

If I get a good resolution to this I will keep you informed, but lets wait and see

Did a corporate solo gig once and when I queried it after a month or so they got a bit shirty - 'Well actually our normal business terms are two months, but I suppose we could expedite the payment a bit if you really must have it...'. Excuse me? :lol: For a few tenners I wouldn't have bothered, but this was a £250 gig. Feckers! :)

I agree - you've got some way to go yet matey! Hang in there... :rolleyes: :lol:

Edited by leftybassman392

Looks like the new world record attempt has failed at 18 days. :rolleyes:

After starting this thread yesterday, I phoned BassCentre but I had to leave my number as the person dealing with it was not in. I got a callback within 30 mins with apologies and confirmation that the refund had been put through, yeah right heard that before, but I can confirm that the refund is in my bank this morning. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got the worst experience ever with the Bass Center. I ordered and fully paid an expensive Markbass cab that never showed up.
They always refused to give me an ETA or to process the refund after 1 month 1/2 . Their behaviour was totally inappropriate whenever I tried to inquire about the matter over the phone.

I contacted my bank and initiated a formal transaction dispute. You can do that if you have paid by Card, even with a VISA DEBIT.

I sent a registered notice letter to the Bass Center, explaining that the matter was now in the capable hands of my bank's Customer Protection department.

The refund I demanded for so long was processed the same day they received the registered notice letter.

THESE GUYS ARE REALLY TAKING THE P***. I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN !!!

Don't wait forever. Take action.

Cheers,

BassPimp

Thank Christ Im not on my own on this one!!!! I ended up waiting nearly 2 months for a refund. Every time I rang they said it was getting sorted. How many times can a simple refund 'get sorted'?

Its a shame theyre that bad on customer service now-a-days. I got my string ray and first bass amp from them 10 years ago and they were amazing when it was the high street shop! I agree, I dont think ill be using them again, especially with the amount of money you can spend on equipment.

Sound staff but really lack customer service.

Dan