Why become a member? ×

My New Shuker J4E

Bassmonster

Hey all most of you have probably already seen my new pride and joy in the build threads over the other side, but i thought i would stick it here as well, if its ok!

Spec:
4 string J bass (LEFT handed)
34" scale
24 fret
38.5mm nut
19mm string spacing

5 piece maple / wenge bolton neck
birdseye maple f/board
Blue LED side dots
medium frets
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
satin finish on neck
swamp ash body
5A Quilted maple drop top
matching quilt headstock veneer
polyester basecoat,
Deep purple burst
wet look gloss lacquer
EMG 40CS, 40DC
3 band shuker circuit (internal mid control, circuit gain) 18v
Individual bridge units
Black/Gun metal hardware
Gotoh GB707 tuners
brass nut
purpleburst on headstock face too,

Edited by Bassmonster

Wonderful, that. The colour and the hardware are fantastic. I am not so keen on the Shuker headstock, but I know he will make what you want! I hope it brings you years of faithful service!

Still digging your Shuker [b]Bassmonster[/b], it's gorgeous!
I had to take it into photoshop and flip it to get a proper feel for it, as it's been built for a south paw, but it's one hell of a bass, the gun metal hardware looks so cool, I'm quite jealous!

Nice work on succumbing to gas [b]Tinman[/b], you won't regret it!

Cheers,
Eude

Edited by eude

[quote name='eude' post='1313' date='May 18 2007, 12:01 PM']Still digging your Shuker [b]Bassmonster[/b], it's gorgeous!
I had to take it into photoshop and flip it to get a proper feel for it, as it's been built for a south paw, but it's one hell of a bass, the gun metal hardware looks so cool, I'm quite jealous!

Nice work on succumbing to gas [b]Tinman[/b], you won't regret it!

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]
I get the feeling that you're absolutely right.
Sorry Bassmonster, I did mean to say in my previous post that your Bass is stunning, it's just that succumbing to GAS has left me quite lightheaded

[quote name='Tinman' post='1306' date='May 18 2007, 11:53 AM']GAS is one demanding mistress!!![/quote]

Haven't you got another demanding mistress to worry about though? How'd u sneak that one past her? :)

[quote name='Tinman' post='1317' date='May 18 2007, 12:04 PM']I get the feeling that you're absolutely right.
Sorry Bassmonster, I did mean to say in my previous post that your Bass is stunning, it's just that succumbing to GAS has left me quite lightheaded[/quote]

Hey Tinman

what model you going for?

thanks to everyone for the comments, btw just got an email from Jon, he's thinking of adding it to his homepage, and it will be in the gallery, i think he's quite pleased how it turned out.

[quote name='acidbass' post='1521' date='May 18 2007, 04:03 PM']Haven't you got another demanding mistress to worry about though? How'd u sneak that one past her? :)[/quote]
She's demanding yes however, she's actively encouraging me to do it, even to the point of saying "don't get a stock one, have one made" RESULT!!!

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='1579' date='May 18 2007, 04:46 PM']Hey Tinman

what model you going for?
thanks to everyone for the comments, btw just got an email from Jon, he's thinking of adding it to his homepage, and it will be in the gallery, i think he's quite pleased how it turned out.[/quote]
It's going to be along the lines of this [attachment=90:tn4fullcla.jpg] 4 string thru neck custom. I'll probably go for a different front and back tho and maybe some other small alterations, got to visit Jon first. I've made the first tentative enquiries and shal probably make an appointment for next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Bugger! Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the forum... I thought I left my GAS at Bassworld.

(looks up the shuker website details)

(calls to better half) "looks like we won't be getting a new bathroom this summer sweetie"

---------------------------------

Mr Cougar - is wondering if the Maestro will do him a Jazz with a pair of MM humbuckers

Edited by Mr Cougar

I may have to shamelessly rip off your instrument Bass Monster. Purple is my favorite colour and that maple neck is so striking with the colour of the body. Love the lines of that instrument. Definitely gives me that elusive 'bass horn'. I'm sure she's a great player as well, guess that goes without saying when it comes to one of JS' instruments.

If you don't mind can I ask how much it cost, PM me if you don't want it to be public knowledge, think my spec would be similar so you would be doing me a favour.

---------------------------------------

Mr Cougar - has so much GAS you could strap a basket to his ass and use him as a hot air balloon.