Why become a member? ×

Moffat Bass Bash 3

skelf

We usually keep our gear with us in our rooms and sort of filter over to the theatre after breakfast to set our gear up. I'm not sure how we're doing it if there's gonna be a band/jam set up on the main stage but I'm sure all will be revealed on Saturday night.

Luckily the "you drool you buy" policy isn't upheld. Just as well, in the pics from last time that's not rain on us. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='813188' date='Apr 20 2010, 10:35 PM']Ah bad news man. I traded it. :) (I need to update my gear on that page)

I'll take my Shuker '51 for you to drool over though. It's kind of the same but better in every respect. :rolleyes:[/quote]

noooooooooooooooooooo, ive been dying to try one of these.

I demand a refund for unfair advertising!!!!!!!!!!!!

The setup for the bash is Sunday morning from ten. We will have a drummer and a guitarist on hand all day to jam along with should you want to,they will be along to the curry as well. There will also be a double bass demo given by Lawrence from Overwater with his own guitarist. This will cover a fair bit of ground going into the way Lawrence approaches the whole subject of the instrument and the music he plays. Finish up some time round four but just depends on when people have had enough and need to go home. All very informal and entirely to have a good time. Might even play a bass or two if you feel like it.

I will be about all day Saturday as I have a few folk coming up to the workshop. If anyone wants to drop by let me know and I will give you the very small guided tour.

Alan

Alan, sounds like you have a place or two left over for the Sunday, yes? I've asked a guitarist mate of mine based over near Scone if he wants to pop over, his son is a keen basssist and he dabbles a bit himself. Sounds like they'll both do so but they haven't confirmed yet. Name of Andrew Sinclair and, um, his son Sinclair Jnr.

Just found the this thread!
I'll most certainly be there for the full shindig.
I'll have my Shuker 6 string and my terribly nice new ACG 5 string with me, both 33" scale.
I'll also have my mini rig, MarkBass LittleMark 250 and Aguilar GS112, and a modded Dod 250 and Boss AW3.

[quote name='steve' post='808065' date='Apr 16 2010, 09:58 AM']and tired.... and hungover :) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Man, that Sunday last year was one of the worst hangovers of 2009!
I have every intention of behaving myself this time round, but as usual I can't make any promises...

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='808437' date='Apr 16 2010, 02:17 PM']Phew so that why I had a sore arse the next day. I though it was Ewan's overzealous spooning. :lol:[/quote]

You wheren't complaining at the time Rich :lol:
Wonder if the 3 of us will get the cottage again, that was a good laugh!

See you all soon!
Eude

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='816325' date='Apr 23 2010, 03:19 PM']:)

Beer o'clock is calling my friend.....[/quote]

I have no issues turning up for beer o'clock, it's my favourite time of the day, it's just not so easy to call it a night once things get started.
Guess we'll see how things pan out on Saturday night... :rolleyes:

Eude

[quote name='bigthumb' post='816356' date='Apr 23 2010, 03:39 PM']Getting all excited now and believe me it doesn't happen that often!

Cant wait for the beer and curry with you lot and seeing my new ACG for the first time!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm looking forward to seeing your ACG for the first time too! :lol:
There's going to be a lot of ACGs there this year, can't wait! :)

Eude

[quote name='razze06' post='816367' date='Apr 23 2010, 03:52 PM']Once again, i'm going to miss a bass bash close to home.
Hopefully when the next one comes around i won't have broken my ankle...[/quote]

....after a few shandy's I will probably fall over and break my ankle.....you would be in good company.

[quote name='eude' post='816312' date='Apr 23 2010, 03:09 PM']Just found the this thread!
I'll most certainly be there for the full shindig.
I'll have my Shuker 6 string and my terribly nice new ACG 5 string with me, both 33" scale.
I'll also have my mini rig, MarkBass LittleMark 250 and Aguilar GS112, and a modded Dod 250 and Boss AW3.

Man, that Sunday last year was one of the worst hangovers of 2009!
I have every intention of behaving myself this time round, but as usual I can't make any promises...

You wheren't complaining at the time Rich :rolleyes:
Wonder if the 3 of us will get the cottage again, that was a good laugh!

See you all soon!
Eude[/quote]
Only coz you're a gentle lover. :)

Yeah that would be great if we got a cottage again. Although for everyone's sake I should bagsy the single room this time - my snoring has gone up a level of seismic magnitude lately. You thought it was volcano dust keeping the planes on the ground? :blush:

I'll be taking my new bass, which I finish building only today. :wub:

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='816743' date='Apr 23 2010, 09:46 PM']Only coz you're a gentle lover. :)

Yeah that would be great if we got a cottage again. Although for everyone's sake I should bagsy the single room this time - my snoring has gone up a level of seismic magnitude lately. You thought it was volcano dust keeping the planes on the ground? :blush:

I'll be taking my new bass, which I finish building only today. :wub:
[/quote]

Holy shizzel,,,,think im in love dude. thats awesome looking i cant even remember my love of your 51RI hahahaha

Cheers.
It's better in the flesh too, it's actually Surf Green but my camera doesn't do Surf Green.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='816779' date='Apr 23 2010, 10:17 PM']also Rich, I think we may have to have a chat about how I would go about building these tpe of basses.[/quote]
I'll look forward to it man.