Why become a member? ×

A Remark You Made

Bilbo

[quote name='Bilbo' post='798362' date='Apr 7 2010, 09:21 AM']What's up with it? (can't download pdfs in work)[/quote]

I think he might mean on the enharmonic front... [ A mistake you made :) ]
Db chord - C# notation...

Thanks for the chart Bilbo.
Always been a favourite Jaco line of mine, very haunting and lyrical.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' post='798395' date='Apr 7 2010, 09:48 AM']I think he might mean on the enharmonic front... [ A mistake you made :) ]
Db chord - C# notation...[/quote]

I do that all of the time.....

Its because I don't read the chords if I am reading the dots and vice versa. Must do better :rolleyes:

[quote name='lowdown' post='798395' date='Apr 7 2010, 09:48 AM']I think he might mean on the enharmonic front... [ A mistake you made :) ]
Db chord - C# notation...

Thanks for the chart Bilbo.
Always been a favourite Jaco line of mine, very haunting and lyrical.

Garry[/quote]
...............................Not so much the D flat/C sharp,but the next change; B flat sus 4/C#!!!!

[quote name='Beneath It All' post='798775' date='Apr 7 2010, 03:03 PM']...............................Not so much the D flat/C sharp,but the next change; B flat sus 4/C#!!!![/quote]

I know what has happened. When I was formatting the chart, I was struggling to get the slash chords above the notes they related to in the space provided across one bar. I spent a bit of time toing and froing with odds and sods and had to change some chords as I had, due to a slow shift key, put in question marks in some chords instead of slashes. I guess that somewhere in all this, mistakes got made.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='798810' date='Apr 7 2010, 03:29 PM']I know what has happened. When I was formatting the chart, I was struggling to get the slash chords above the notes they related to in the space provided across one bar. I spent a bit of time toing and froing with odds and sods and had to change some chords as I had, due to a slow shift key, put in question marks in some chords instead of slashes. I guess that somewhere in all this, mistakes got made.[/quote]

When in doubt just use insert text and forward slash... wholah... Db / Bbsus4 /
Always a good get out of jail free card .....:)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' post='798862' date='Apr 7 2010, 04:09 PM']When in doubt just use insert text and ///...
Always a good get out of jail free card .....or //// :)

Garry[/quote]

There were four slash chords as bar so that wouldn't work!!

[quote name='Bilbo' post='798865' date='Apr 7 2010, 04:11 PM']There were four slash chords as bar so that wouldn't work!![/quote]

Sorry i meant just type the chord in as insert text.
It does work, and usually a lot quicker.

Garry

Edited by lowdown