Why become a member? ×

Just checking..

Jigster

...have a Fender Bassman 135 - (so not huge wattage) (stated min load is 4ohms) and it will play thro either my Berg 4x10 (4 ohms) or my Orange 1x15 (8 ohms) -power handling on both these cabs is way above the bassman (600 watts and 350, IIRC)

- my question is, can I put it thro both at the same to get a 1x15 meets 4x10 mix - just checking re. ohm matching,

but also, altho i think not, do cabs prefer to be in a stack with cabs of same make??

ta

[quote name='Jigster' post='797501' date='Apr 6 2010, 01:26 PM']...have a Fender Bassman 135 - (so not huge wattage) (stated min load is 4ohms) and it will play thro either my Berg 4x10 (4 ohms) or my Orange 1x15 (8 ohms) -power handling on both these cabs is way above the bassman (600 watts and 350, IIRC)

- my question is, can I put it thro both at the same to get a 1x15 meets 4x10 mix - just checking re. ohm matching,

but also, altho i think not, do cabs prefer to be in a stack with cabs of same make??

ta[/quote]

You unfortunately can't do both cabs as the load would be less than 4ohms. Had they both been 8ohm cabs you 'could' have mixed them any way you like and they may well have worked fine BUT it is 'generally' accepted (... listens for the sound of worms slithering out of the freshly reopened can) that cabs should be from the same manufacturer and ideally with drivers of the same size i.e. x2 4x10's will work better then a mix of 4x10 and 1x15 EVEN THOUGH we are continually shown manufacturers stacking their cabs in a classic mix and match fashion! :)

This is rock and roll. You’re supposed to break all the rules, except those of physics!

Your cabs will present 2.67 ohms to your amp for awhile before it either blows a thermal fuse or bursts into flames!

But, why would you want to add another cab to an HS410??

This is a valve amp right..? If so, don't take liberties with the load.
If it says min 4 ohms then stick to that..although cabs themselves might have a variance in this, 2 8 ohms will be ok...but not a 4 and 8.

I can recall valve amps having impedence selectors.

I wouldn't go asking for trouble and both cabs should sound mighty fine on their own..why schlep two..

Courtesy of TB :)