Why become a member? ×

Bassline Incognito Custom 4 (P-J) + hardcase: £ SOLD !!!

eubassix

This is a 'last-in/first-out(+trade)' bass sale for a really nice instrument which I'd love to keep (as I've not found a better 'PJ') .. but I need the funds and tend to use my 5's and other 4(s) more.
Bassline Incognito Custom 4
Classic P/J bass with One Piece Maple Neck, beautiful grain / transparent honey/amber High-gloss finish. Outstanding.

· One-piece quilted maple body with honey/amber finish
· Maple fretboard 20 frets. 34" scale
· One-piece maple neck with dark skunk stripe
· Nut: 1.5" (f20:2.5"). String spacing = 10mm (nut), 16mm (f20), 19mm (bridge). 9lbs.
· 2 active Seymour Duncan P- and J-PUs
· Noll TCM 3-Band EQ
· Black anodised Schaller Hardware and tuners
· Black anodised Schaller bridge
· Neutrik Security-lock 1/4" jack
· Supreme Case(s) HardCase.
This 'Incognito' is a highly customized model - originally built for the Frankfurt Music Show. It has a AAA selected one-piece body, AAA selected one-piece neck, non-standard black hardware, top notch Noll 3-band EQ + other options. The standard Incognito lists currently at 1750 Euro: +options resulted in a total of 2390 Euro. So, hard to find a 'better' Incognito.
Links:-
1. Bassline (de.) website/incognito:-
[url="http://www.bassline-bass.de/bassline_baesse-incognito.html"]http://www.bassline-bass.de/bassline_baesse-incognito.html[/url]
(2) current price-list:-
[url="http://www.bassline-basses.com/BassLine%20Preisliste_112009.htm"]http://www.bassline-basses.com/BassLine%20...iste_112009.htm[/url]
£SOLD !!!

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='molan' post='786342' date='Mar 25 2010, 09:11 PM']How do you always find such interesting basses![/quote]

..?! ... I always think the same about yours (!)....

I suppose I've always been willing (keen, even) to try something new, different and relatively unknown: occasionally disappointing, but generally OK-to-good (or better). This one was offered as a trade - there don't seem to be many BassLine instruments in the UK, but it's an easy one to research and the photos/specs reflect the quality. A while back I also had one of their headless/slimline/slab basses (a bit like a mini-eub)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='aznbass' post='818254' date='Apr 25 2010, 06:05 PM']Thats really cheap for this bass, I wouldnt go so low my friend, someone will want it.[/quote]

Agree / ... hope-so! (... and Thanks)
I'm dropping the price to a simple £999 (incl.) o.b.o. (although I did try it lower than this to match the previous ebay listing) - it's an exceptional bass at the price and in comparison with others in the same price range (the bass, originally, being €2k+, of course). It's worth checking-out the Bassline link(s) in the OP as they give some idea of the build concept and quality, and also have some sound-clips.

[b]£999[/b] (incl.) o.b.o.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks / totally agree Richard ! .. you seem to be encountering a similar problem with the Valenti (?).
The Bassline basses are not so well known (no dealer/distributor here) but have similar build quality to other small German luthiers/Co.'s. Here's one of their 'Worp' models, that I'm keen to checkout in the future (... although the current rrp. is around €4k !).

The Valenti looks great - can't think of many other handmade/quality J's you could get for that sort of price (!).

[quote name='Flanker' post='844110' date='May 21 2010, 01:26 PM']HALELUJAH !!!! :)[/quote]
[quote name='lozbass' post='844121' date='May 21 2010, 01:36 PM']The news offers a bit of stress relief for me. Sombody has snagged an absolute bargain![/quote]

.. Thanks Flank'/Loz' !!.. there was sudden (x3) interest in the bass over the past couple of days. Fortunately it's remaining within the BC Community (.. and the North of England!) .. and has gone to the first player to express some serious interest.

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='lozbass' post='844121' date='May 21 2010, 01:36 PM']The news offers a bit of stress relief for me. Sombody has snagged an absolute bargain![/quote]

Me too - I don't really 'need' something like this but it was such a great price for a really nice looking bass - I've been biting my typing fingers to stop me making a play for it, lol.

[quote name='eubassix' post='844159' date='May 21 2010, 01:56 PM']Fortunately it's remaining within the BC Community (.. and the North of England!)[/quote]

... and it's not me as the weight was just too close to my maximum! So I wonder who did get it? :)

[quote name='molan' post='844227' date='May 21 2010, 03:05 PM']Me too - I don't really 'need' something like this but it was such a great price for a really nice looking bass - I've been biting my typing fingers to stop me making a play for it, lol.[/quote]

... seems there were quite a few 'interested' BC'ers now coming out of the woodwork(er)'s :) - it's a make well worth investigating (BassLine.de) if you get another opportunity.
I'm not sure re. their output, but surprised they're not represented/known at all over here.

... how many fingers is that then ... 2 (index) ?!!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='844301' date='May 21 2010, 04:03 PM']... and it's not me as the weight was just too close to my maximum! So I wonder who did get it? :)[/quote]

.... protocol dicates that I must leave it up to the buyer to reveal his true identity. But you're in the Extreme North / Boreders (....not much to do up there) John. :rolleyes: This was more NY ..... and nice to meet-up with another BC'er in person...

[quote name='eubassix' post='844335' date='May 21 2010, 04:27 PM'].... protocol dicates that I must leave it up to the buyer to reveal his true identity. But you're in the Extreme North / Boreders (....not much to do up there) John. :rolleyes: This was more NY ..... and nice to meet-up with another BC'er in person...[/quote]

Yes us 'run-away-Jocks' are a bit isolated and by crickey we're suffering/burning under these present weather conditions! :)

[quote name='eubassix' post='844335' date='May 21 2010, 04:27 PM'].... protocol dicates that I must leave it up to the buyer to reveal his true identity. But you're in the Extreme North / Boreders (....not much to do up there) John. :) This was more NY ..... and nice to meet-up with another BC'er in person...[/quote]

Tis I ..Le Clem...Very nice bass too and will make good use of it. Good to meet up with a BCer in the flesh and chat about all things bass. Alas didn't realise quite how long we were out chatting in the beautiful weather and am now sporting a bit of sunburn! Worth it though. Cheers