Why become a member? ×

Ok, WHICH rackcase is suitable for an LM11

smurfitt

[quote name='51m0n' post='769914' date='Mar 9 2010, 11:24 PM']Err get a standard 19" 2u shallow Gator or SKB case and the rack ears for the LMII???[/quote]

Thanks for a reply but I've been told someone on her who's selling the SKB that it's not suitable as it is less than half an inch bigger in depth than the LM11 and the head could get damaged by the end catches.
If he's wrong I'd like to know.

Why not give Guitar Amp and Keyboard a shout (they've their own forum in "Affiliates" section). They sell Markbass stuff so will know what fits and if you speak direct to one of the guys (rather than order on-line) you'll know if its in stock and when they can get it to you.

[quote]WHICH rackcase is suitable for an LM11[/quote]

None... isn't the whole point of having a small Class D amp is that it's small, light and easy to carry around in a tiny gig bag? Why would you rack it?

OK lets clear this up.

I have an SA450 which is listed as being DEPTH 11.9 in. / 30.2 cm, which fits easily into a GATOR 2u or 4u SHALLOW rack case with an inch or so to spare.

The LMII is listed as DEPTH 10.1 in. / 25.6 cm so it WILL fit.

[quote name='Dubs' post='770472' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:51 PM']None... isn't the whole point of having a small Class D amp is that it's small, light and easy to carry around in a tiny gig bag? Why would you rack it?[/quote]

To protect it, put it in a box with other useful gear (tuner, comp etc).

The real point to me is they are very lightweight.

Its not until you get as small as the F1/F500 that they are realistically small enough to put in a bag or gigbag pocket IMO.

[quote name='51m0n' post='770479' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:56 PM']OK lets clear this up.

I have an SA450 which is listed as being DEPTH 11.9 in. / 30.2 cm, which fits easily into a GATOR 2u or 4u SHALLOW rack case with an inch or so to spare.

The LMII is listed as DEPTH 10.1 in. / 25.6 cm so it WILL fit.[/quote]

That's because the Gator is 47.5cm depth, which is more than the depth of your amp by 17.3cm !
The difference between my amp head depth and that of a SKB is less than half an inch (or 1.3cm)!
Did you do Maths at school?

[quote name='Dubs' post='770472' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:51 PM']None... isn't the whole point of having a small Class D amp is that it's small, light and easy to carry around in a tiny gig bag? Why would you rack it?[/quote]
Coz I want to.
Bags have zips that break a lot easier than catches and a hardcase will offer more protection in the band van and in pubs where beer gets chucked around....lol

[quote name='clauster' post='770439' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:26 PM']Why not give Guitar Amp and Keyboard a shout (they've their own forum in "Affiliates" section). They sell Markbass stuff so will know what fits and if you speak direct to one of the guys (rather than order on-line) you'll know if its in stock and when they can get it to you.[/quote]
At last, a sensible reply!
I have already been in touch and given a price on new. I only asked the question on here because I saw a 2nd hand one going cheap. The seller told me it was not suitable because of the minimal depth difference between it and the LM11.
Why are some people on here always so awkward ? Why do they bother responding if they have no useful contribution to make?
Ah, I know....isn't it something along the lines of the name of a person who hurls pancakes in the air?
Work that out for yourselves.

Edited by smurfitt

[quote name='chris_b' post='770671' date='Mar 10 2010, 05:36 PM']Please don't ask questions if you're going to be rude to those who try to help![/quote]
I get replies that are totally irrelevant, are nothing short of sarcastic and question/criticise my reasons for wanting a rack case and you tell me I'm being rude?
As a newbie, I rely on those who have expertise on equipment and then can make an informed choice. If people can't provide the information I'm asking for, why respond to my post? It's a bit unfair on me to be given to misguidance or receive comments about what I choose to have in my set up.

Markbass has presented a dedicated rack case:

[url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en&cat=4&vedi=151"]http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua...=4&vedi=151[/url]

I don't know if they are available yet, though.

[quote name='gillento' post='771269' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:23 AM']Markbass has presented a dedicated rack case:

[url="http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua=en&cat=4&vedi=151"]http://www.markbass.it/products.php?lingua...=4&vedi=151[/url]

I don't know if they are available yet, though.[/quote]
Don't think they are but have contacted Pete Murray on Talkbass....thankyou very much!

Edited by smurfitt

[quote name='smurfitt' post='769907' date='Mar 9 2010, 11:18 PM']Is there anyone on this site who makes rackmounts for these heads? Don't want the Markbass bag.[/quote]

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770591' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:27 PM']That's because the Gator is 47.5cm depth, which is more than the depth of your amp by 17.3cm !
The difference between my amp head depth and that of a SKB is less than half an inch (or 1.3cm)!
[b]Did you do Maths at school?[/b][/quote]

With that attitude you can expect to get no help from anyone on this site son. Can it, be pleasant or go and play with the traffic.

I wasted MY time double checking the info on the Markbass website which details the depths of all their heads for you to answer your question. Something you could, and certainly should have bothered to do.

I gave you a definitive answer to your original question, had you listened before snapping up the SKB case you would have known that a Gator shallow rack case WILL work, but instead you reply like this.

You're a newbie, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, this once, be rude to me again and I'll certainly never bother to help you again, and you can continue to waste your money as a result of not bothering to do the simple investigation into the facts that you should have done BEFORE you spent a single bean.

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='770480' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:57 PM']To protect it, put it in a box with other useful gear (tuner, comp etc).

The real point to me is they are very lightweight.

Its not until you get as small as the F1/F500 that they are realistically small enough to put in a bag or gigbag pocket IMO.[/quote]

Notice how I also backed up your decision to rack the thing in the first place.

You sir, are an a**e!

Edited by 51m0n

It never ceases to amaze me that people ask for advice on forums then they're so rude to people that try to help.

People are trying to tell you that a shallow rack case IS ok and they're also trying to find out your circumstances so they can try and help you as much as possible.

And in response to asking GAK for help regarding rack cases, just a warning. I did that and now I'm stuck carting around a full size 4u rack case for my head because they fobbed me off with that instead of a shallow one. If I'd put less faith in them, maybe I'd have a suitable one that isn't a HUGE waste of space and too big to fit in any of the usual sized gaps between gear in a van.

[quote name='smurfitt' post='770591' date='Mar 10 2010, 04:27 PM']That's because the Gator is 47.5cm depth, which is more than the depth of your amp by 17.3cm !
Did you do Maths at school?[/quote]

I shouldnt bother, but you've really stuck in my craw :)

Now I see your issue, you cant do maths, you cant read a spec sheet and you cant convert units.

I'm going to go over this once more for the terminally stupid and rude.

You need to worry about the INTERNAL depth or length, the external dimension is irrelevant to you.

From the Markbass website:-
Little Mark II
DEPTH
10.1 in. / 25.6 cm

From the Gator website:-
2u Shallow Rack
Interior Length: 12.25''

From the SKB website:-
2U Shallow "X" Rack
10.5" depth

So yes it will fit - but it will be tight, but since you are talking about a 2u case there wont be anything else left plugged in with the lid on.

Oh and just to clear it up the STANDARD Gator 2u case is the one that has 16.5'' depth, according to the website.Which is 41.91 centimetres (going by google searches very useful conversion utility just put "16.5 inches in cm" without quotes into the search bar).

In future, why dont you get off your lazy backside and do a tiny bit of investigation for yourself, then if you have a question ask it directly, and then be courteous to those who respond.

Good day to you.

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' post='771292' date='Mar 11 2010, 09:47 AM']Notice how I also backed up your decision to rack the thing in the first place.

You sir, are an a**e![/quote]

psst you may want to edit your post

[quote name='Smurfitt']I am female, blonde, already have decent earplugs and am new to bass gear[/quote]

[quote name='51m0n' post='771381' date='Mar 11 2010, 10:54 AM']LOL, nah, don't see anything wrong with it, equal opportunity wrath, its the only way :)[/quote]

Think he was hinting at more of the 'Sir' element to your post than the sentiment of it...