Why become a member? ×

The Proud Owner

Pete Academy

On Monday I took delivery of the '79 Jazz which was for sale on here last week. Wow...what a great bass! Great condition for it'd age, original case, tags, and covers. The sound is pure Marcus and Jaco. Plays like a dream, thanks to Boss Hogs' pro setup. Exactly what I've been looking for over the years.

And Boss Hog (alias Mick) is a great guy to deal with.

I'm a very happy chappy, and it's making its debut at a stand-in R&B (not the namby-pamby current Craig David-style bollocks, but the Dr Feelgood-style stuff) gig this Thursday.

I think Doddy will also vouch for its wonderfulness. :)

[quote name='MythSte' post='769738' date='Mar 9 2010, 09:09 PM']You really do have some gorgeous basses Pete!

Here's wishing for a long and happy relationship :)[/quote]

I actually now only own two basses - the Jazz and the Roscoe. I think it's because I've worked around them so long, I've become de-sensitised. I just don't get sentimental about instruments. But I can appreciate how much players can become attached to their basses.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='769755' date='Mar 9 2010, 09:21 PM']I actually now only own two basses - the Jazz and the Roscoe. I think it's because I've worked around them so long, I've become de-sensitised. I just don't get sentimental about instruments. But I can appreciate how much players can become attached to their basses.[/quote]

A true sign of professionalism that. :)

• 3 months later...